𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐏𝐭.𝟎𝟐 || 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐙𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐢

• • • • •     Next day  • • • • • •

-Blaise POV-

I made my way to potions, more anxious than usual and my lack of sleep last night wasn't helping either. Clutching onto my bag strap, I entered the room, Draco and Pansy tailing behind, too invested in a conversation to notice I was in distress. I scanned the room- a few other Slytherins and two Gryffindors; Longbottom and Finnigan to be precise, but no sign of her. "I just arrived early" I muttered to myself while taking my seat.

A few minutes later, I hear the sweet sound of her laugh. She walks in, Potter and his little crew following close behind. Parting ways with her friends, she makes her way to her seat, right beside me. I held my breath in anticipation, clearly worried. Would she ask me about it? And if she does, what do I say? Maybe, if Merlin was on my side, she would see past it and know my words were nothing but lies.

I bit the inside of my cheek and turned my head to her as she sat down, expecting her to do the same- it was a custom greeting between us, however, all I was met with was her staring down at her potions book and reading over the text. I slowly turn back, frowning.

Class started how it always did, Slughorn introducing a new potion to us, explaining what it does and its contents, and then tasking us to make it with our partner. I nodded to no one in particular and scanned the ingredients list before making my way to the pantry. I returned with the ingredients levitating behind me, slowly placed them on the counter, and then turned towards y/n to discuss what task each of us would be doing. "Alright, this should be quite simple, it just involves a fair amount of cutting," she says, eyes glued to her potions book. "How about I'll do that part and you can focus on adding the items in?" She glances up, making eye contact with me for the first time since yesterday and I feel a small tug threatening to pull the edge of my lips; I bite down, refusing to do so. "Sure, alright with me." I finally respond and we get to work, having slight hope that maybe she forgot about it.

—————

We both sit back, finished and satisfied with our potion and waited for Professor Slughorn to evaluate it.

It's usually quiet when we work together, though the silence was always comfortable, as if we were already felt a sense of ease in each other's presence. However, today was the complete opposite. She would move entirely out of my way when I had to stir something; we would usually stand there, shoulder to shoulder [well shoulder to neck, as I was fairly taller than her] as she carefully examined the reaction and take note of it. Instead of her hand swatting my arm to get my attention, she used her quill.

I became sulkier by the minute. There was no doubt I missed the attention she once gave me yet I hated to admit to it. I had no right to be upset about it as I was the one to blame. I, myself was the reason she was acting the way she was.

If I hadn't been such a coward, things would've resumed its natural path- and perhaps, in a total fantasy world, I would've collected my courage and asked if she would do me the honors and have dinner with me. But no. I presumed the role of a rabbit in the face of a lion and this was my punishment.

—————

"Ah yes, Mr.Zabini and Miss Potter, as always your potion is perfect." Slughorn announces, smiling brightly. "Thank you Professor" y/n and I respond simultaneously and I can't help the slight tint of pink crawling it's way up my cheeks.

"Alright children, as only very few of you have completed the concoction today, we will continue this lesson tomorrow as well. You may leave now" Slughorn said in one breath, smiling at the end.

Turning aside to leave, I steal a small glance at her; she's facing forward; body completely turned away from me, as she packs her books. I find myself subconsciously waiting for her only for her to turn opposite of me, and walk out- her brother's arm playfully swinging over her shoulder as he frowns directly at me. Does he know? Of course he does, he's her twin for Godric's sake. Grumbling under my breath I quickly paced out the classroom, no specific destination in mind.

———3 weeks later———

Sighing at the parchment spread across the library table, I glance up at y/n; still so focused on the potions assignment.

We haven't spoken properly for weeks. The only acknowledgement I received from her was whenever we were tasked an assignment together- which was right now. And even then, it was in the smallest amounts.

I found myself becoming frustrated by the day until I came to a realization that there was some truth to my previous statements. Her touch, in some way, was repulsive, but not in the way I had formerly intended it to be. It was repulsive because how addicting it was. It was repulsive how I possessed a craving for it.

I cringe at my wants. It wasn't just disgusting, but also rather humiliating. Blaise Zabini, son of the famously adorned witch, Fay Zabini, maddened over a simple girl? Plain embarrassing. [ A/N- I know 'Fay' isn't cannon I just needed a name 💀]

My eyes drift over to her hands, a mere few inches away from my own. It was repulsive, disgusting even, how badly I wanted my hand to slip into hers, holding it in a tight embrace. My gaze made its way up, resting on her face- the way her eyes squinted whenever she concentrated on something, the way her cheek rested on her palm, her fingers sometimes pulling at her lips. Her lips, a mixture of peach and pink elegance. If only I were lucky enough of a man to be deserving of what it would feel if I-

"Zabini, stop staring it's distracting"

I snap out from my thoughts and drop back down to reality, realizing what I had just been doing. "What" I say, playing dumb.

"You were staring. Don't." she says coldly, giving me a frown before looking back down and scribbling something on the piece of parchment. Nothing has changed. I had hoped that maybe she'll forget that conversation ever happened. It was arbitrary of me to never want to address it, but I had both my family name and my pureblood reputation at risk.

"I finished my part, you do yours" y/n says, simultaneously getting up and turning to leave. My fingers drum the wooden table, heart beating faster as she starts to walk away.

Fuck it.

"I'm sorry."

She pauses midway, shoulders tense as she slowly turns to face me. "For what?"

"For what I said that night. I'm sorry, I truly am." She tilts her head as if she's examining me, looking for any sign of deception. "Okay", she says as she turns back around and leaves without another word. Something sparks inside me as I shove everything into my bag and sprint out the library, desperately searching where she had gone.

"Y/n wait!" I shout, spotting her last minute as she rounded a corner and running after her. She, obviously ignoring my calls, was about to step onto a moving staircase until I grabbed her hand and pulled her into a near by empty classroom.