Leave

Your fingers gripped the bandage that covered your side as you looked forward. Your eyes shaking as you can hear and feel Annie's feet as she ran through the forest. Your heart was beating abnormally as your breath was starting to cut short in fear.

Will she really manage to get Eren?

Will I really leave today?

Your heart and mind began to argue.

But I don't want to leave, I'm not ready to leave.

But I have too, It's what I've signed up for.

You glanced down at your hands.

I've already stained my hands, I've already lied to them.

I'm simply too deep to suddenly back away. 

You looked up and saw Erwin in the distance yelling out. 

His face didn't show fear as he stood tall despite all the frantic soldiers that ran around frighten and confused by the lightning strike that made a random titan appear.

You watched as Levi suddenly appeared on Erwin's tree branch, his hair was covering his face, not allowing you to cast the emotion displayed on his face. You watched as Erwin leaned over and Levi told him something that made his brows furrow. He stood back tall and pressed his lips together.

You watched as his lips moved to tell Levi something before he addressed his soldiers. 

"Eren has been captured by an abnormal titan"

You felt your breathe hitch as your eyes widen.  The whole forest went silent.

She really did it. 

She really wiped out the Special Operations squad.

It was really over.

You looked around and spotted Reiner and Bertholdt. They had ghost smiles playing on their face as their eyes twinkled with delight at the sound of the news. You knew they were happy that they were finally going to be able to go home. All was left was to retreat back into the wall and then sneak away to meet up with Annie.

You faced forward spacing out.

No this can't be right and you knew it. 

Your eyebrows furrowed

This was somewhat too easy.

That's when his voice suddenly came to mind, replaying in your head that one night.

"Just know, I never stop till I get what I want"

Your eyes widen. 

That's right, Erwin was not one to give up so easily. In fact you didn't hear him tell the soldiers to evacuate, he wasn't done talking. You snapped your head back to where he stood. You watched his eyes glisten with determination, his stance pride filled.  It made your heart began to beat with exhilaration.

You knew Erwin too well.

He wasn't done yet. 

"My soldiers, we are to attack this abnormal titan and rescue Eren Yeager. We shall not leave until he is back in our hands! Until we have our victory! My soldiers ride out!"

The soldiers were quick as they formed back into their groups and rode out towards Annie. 

"Y/n!" you heard someone call besides you.