ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ

Ship: Beomryu
Genre: sad romance

Requested by: _loveretzianne

+×+

"Ryujin! Something came in for you!" Yeji called from the door.

Ryujin paused from typing on her laptop. She stood up and went to Yeji to check what came for her.

"It looks like a wedding invitation." Yeji chuckled and handed her a fancy white and gold envelope.

"Wedding invitation?" Ryujin giggled and opened the envelope.

But the smile on her face immediately wore off seeing the name written on the expensive paper.

"What? Did you suddenly realize you don't wear gowns?" Yeji laughed seeing the frozen reaction on her face. She looked like she saw a ghost on the paper.

"Hey! What's wrong with you?" Yeji frowned, seeing her in the same expression for a solid minute.

Yeji took the paper from her and read what was written in it.

"Are you old friends with the bride? It's nice of her to remember you at her wedding." Yeji mumbled. Not even knowing what she's saying to her.

Ryujin forced out a smile and retrieved the invitation.

"Yeah. I should go and pick a new dress. The wedding will be tomorrow." She said with a clear sad tone.

Yeji tilted her head in confusion. Ryujin is always cheerful and loud. But she sounded so different just now. Like sad.

And she had never seen her like this before since their college life.

Later that day. Ryujin left rather quietly to find herself a dress to wear for tomorrow's wedding. Yeji wanted to go with her but she needed to go for work.

The next day. 

Yeji is still wondering why Ryujin became suddenly quiet. It made their house feel empty even though they are in there together.

The wedding begins by 4am. So Ryujin had to prepare after lunch since she still needs to drive to the location.

Yeji insisted on helping her get ready this time. She's never the stylish type since she never really cared what people say. Someone told her that she's pretty enough as it is.

"There! You're all set!" Yeji said with a soft smile after finishing her makeup.

Ryujin smiled at her and said thank you. But Yeji could tell that she's only forcing herself to smile.

So before Ryujin could fully leave their house, Yeji took the liberty to stop her and asked her what's wrong.

"Nothing's wrong. I just feel a little tired." Ruujin said.

"But you've been like this ever since you saw the invitation." Yeji whined and Ryujin forced out a chuckle.

"Later. I'll tell you everything later. I promise..." she said and gave her friend one last smile before she left.