01

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐

"Hey," I called out which made Pete turn around and face me, kinabahan ako doon kaya napayuko ako at pinaglaruan na lang ang mga daliri ko.

I can do this! I motivated myself.

When I already gathered my courage, tumingin na ako sa kanya.

"Uhm," I started. "I want to tell you frankly that I like you," I bit my lower lip because of nervousness. "Hindi ko alam kung kailan at paano nagsimula," I added.

Sa tingin ko nagsisimula na akong magmukhang tanga kasi nakatingin lang siya sa'kin ng walang ekspresyon at mas lalo akong kinabahan doon.

"I am not pressuring you to reciprocate my feelings," I paused for a while. "But I wish that you'll allow me to express my feelings for you," I said and waited for his response but he just nodded and turned his back on me.

Iyon na 'yon?

Wala na siyang ibang sasabihin?

He's letting me express my feelings for him?

"Really?" I exclaimed. "See you around Pete!" I waved my hand at him even though he couldn't see it.

I don't know why but I feel so light that day. Maybe because I already confessed my feelings for him.

*****

"Class," our teacher tried to call our attention. "Today is Bianca's birthday so let's all sing her the happy birthday song. Bianca, can you please come in front?"

I nodded and stood up from my seat and did what our teacher asked me to do.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday Bianca!"

My classmates sang the birthday song but I only kept my eyes on Pete but he was busy writing something, not even bothering to sing, and that made my excitement for my birthday vanish.

"Happy birthday Bianca!" they all shouted and that made me smile a little.

"Anak, you should be smiling because it's your birthday," our teacher said. "You're one of my energetic students so it is unusual to see you so down. Cheer up, anak," she bent down to my level and patted my head. She stood up and said, "Go back now to your seat, anak,"

I followed what she said. When I got back in my seat, I saw Pete smiling while writing something on his paper.

What makes him smile like that?

Hindi ko na namalayan na nakatitig na pala ako sa kanya.

He looks so dreamy when he smiles.

Feeling ko tuloy mas nahulog ako sa kanya.

He suddenly lifted his head, his attention drifting away from what he was writing, and caught me staring at him. Nagpanic ako at kinuha ang pinakamalapit na libro sa akin at nagkunwaring nagbabasa. I sneakily tried to sneak a glance in his direction and I saw his smile get bigger. I pouted and rested my head on top of the book that I was 'reading'.

When can I make him smile like that?

The thought of me being the reason he's smiling makes me happy.

So in order for me to be the reason behind his smiles, dapat gumawa ako ng paraan na maglalapit sa aming dalawa.

└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

First Chapter: done!

P.s.

This part is unedited so there would be grammatical errors.