02

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐

"Hey, Pete!" I beamed.

Pete stopped what he was doing and then looked in my direction. 'Dun ko lang narealize na nag-aaral pala siya. Hindi ko iyon napansin kanina kasi nakatalikod siya.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry for disturbing you," I apologised. "I bought snacks pala. Eat this while studying so you could have more energy and stay focused," Then, I gave him a pack of dark chocolates. "Enjoy studying!"

I waved him goodbye and went back to me and my friends' table.

"Ano? Pinansin ka na ba?" tanong ni Jannah.

"Nope," I pouted. "But at least he's letting me get close to him so I guess, that's good?" I said positively.

"You know what, Bianca," Natasha started. "I've been observing Pete for a while now since you confessed to us that you like him," she paused to drink her pink lemonade. "He looks like he likes someone. Not that I'm discouraging you,"

I would be lying if sinabi ko na hindi ako nasaktan sa sinabi ni Natasha. But she's right though. I have a feeling that Pete likes someone. I once saw him writing letters with a smile on his face.

Sino kaya 'yon?

"Pangit mo kasama Natasha. Alam mo ba 'yon?" pambabara ni Alice. "Bianca's our friend. We're supposed to be with her side no matter what. As long as tama 'yung ginagawa niya,"

"But, hey. Guess what," sabi ulit ni Natasha. "Hindi kasi ako pinapatapos nitong Alice na 'to," pabirong babatukan sana ni Natasha si Alice. Before Natasha finish what she was about to say, she made sure no one was listening to our conversation. "There's always a time that I caught him staring at Bianca," she said.

I scoffed. "Staring? Who? At me?" hindi makapaniwala na tanong ko.

Impossible.

"It's true!" sabay na pagsang-ayon nina Alice at Jannah sa sinabi ni Natasha.

"Remember when you were chosen to do the opening speech on our first day?" Natasha asked and we nodded as a response. "Pete was smiling from ear to ear while listening to your speech," she said at sabay sabay silang tumiling tatlo.

"Oh my gosh!" tili ni Alice.

"Hayup na Alice 'to. Makatili wagas!" reklamo ni Jannah habang nakatakip sa tainga ang mga kamay.

"Makasabi parang 'di ka tumili kanina," pagdepensa ni Alice sa kanyang sarili.

"Can the two of you shut up?" maarteng saad ni Natasha. "We're discussing something, 'di ba?" Natasha rolled her eyes.

Natasha's the one that always got judged so easily among us four. 'Yung ibang tao kasi porque nakita lang si Natasha na nagtataray, kung ano ano ang pinagsasabi. They didn't know that Natasha's the sweetest, pero hindi niya iyon pinahahalata. She thinks na kapag pinahalata niya na mayroon siyang pakialam, other people may use her kindness against herself.

"Ano ba 'yan. Nawala na tuloy sa isip ko 'yung sasabihin ko," kamot ni Natasha sa kanyang ulo.

Alice and Jannah scoffed. "Don't ever put the blame on us, Natasha," sabi ni Jannah na para bang nagbabanta.

"Yeah. Tumili ka rin naman kanina," dugtong pa ni Alice.

Bago pa makapagsalita si Natasha, the bell suddenly rang, indicating that there were only 10 minutes left before the next class starts.

We bid our goodbyes since the four of us were in different sections.

Before heading to our classroom, I went first to my locker to get the books needed for the next classes. While I was picking out my books, a pink envelope caught my attention. It made me smile since it's my favourite colour. Even though I had no clue what was inside the envelope, I grabbed it along with my other books and went to our classroom.

When I got to our classroom, there was still a minute left before the next class started so I grabbed the opportunity to open the envelope. It was a letter.

To: Bianca

From: your secret admirer

Hey, Bianca. I want to wish you a very happy birthday.

I'm not really good at making letters but I want you to know that I wish you the best, always. I also want to say that I have liked you since we were in elementary school.

(...)

Buti pa 'tong secret admirer ko nag-effort gumawa ng message para sa akin. 'Yung crush ko kasi... hindi.

Tangek. Ako pala ang may gusto kaya ako dapat ang nag-eeffort.

Bago ko matapos basahin ang letter, binalik ko ang letter sa loob ng envelope dahil dumating ang teacher namin.

"Magandang hapon!" our Filipino teacher greeted. "Sana naman nagawa niyo ang iyong mga takdang aralin at kokolektahin ko iyon bago ko kayo idismiss," she said while fixing her powerpoint presentation in her laptop. "Ngayon, igugrupo ko kayo sa lima,"

└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

Second Chapter: done!

P.s.

This chapter is unedited.