Chapter 1

I was sitting in my bedroom with my uncle. He handed me a letter with my parents names on it. As I opened the envelope to read it I knew something wasn't right. "Why would my parents had written me a letter if they could tell me face to face ?" I asked him. "Just read it y/n" I could see sadness in his eyes which wasn't making it easier for me.

Dear y/n,
If you read this, it means something has happened to us. We're truly sorry we couldn't make proper goodbyes. You'll always stay in our heart even if we are the one not there anymore. We love you y/n and we are so proud of the girl you've become. You're going to live with your uncle for some time until you're old enough to live in your own house. You'll also enter Hogwarts. This is the school where we met when we were about your age. I know you'll like it there. Be careful and always remember that no matter what, we'll always be by your side when you need us to be.
Your parents who love you more than anything in this world.

I hugged my uncle and cried in his embrace. "Why them ? They were still so young...Why do always the good people leave first ?" I cried. "I know y/n...we're gonna get through this together. You won't be alone, okay?" he tried to cheer me up. "Thank you uncle Arthur." "Now let's go home. And keep the letter. I know you just want to burn it right now but believe me, later you'll be happy to have it." I kept the letter and we hopped in his car driving to his house...our house.

On the way there I couldn't stop asking myself how it happened...they died at the same time so something bad must have happened. "How did they die ?" I finally asked. "A flying car accident." he hesitated. I know he wasn't telling the truth but I just let it go. Somehow I knew I would find a way to discover what truly happened to them.

We arrived at the house and as soon as I entered it they all hugged me and gave me a smile of pity. "We're happy to have you here y/n despite the circumstances." Aunt Molly said giving my suitcases to Fred and George. "Thanks." I said not really knowing what else to say. I haven't seen them for like 3 years and now I'm living with them.

"You look really great y/n, I didn't remember you were that hot." Fred said as we were walking upstairs. "Shut up Fred. It's not really the day." George elbowed him. "That's kinda alright. I guess I prefer people to do as nothing had changed instead of having pity for a now orphan girl." I said. "Sure." They answered at the same time.

"So...this is your room" Ginny said finishing cleaning up the room. "Thank you Ginny." I smiled. The twins put my suitcases next to my bed and left me alone because I wanted to spend some time thinking about all the things that happened today. I knew my uncle and my parents had gone somewhere with other of their friends last night and they didn't come back until this morning...well they came back but my parents didn't. They probably went somewhere dangerous if they were so many and if...some died. I had to figure it out. Maybe Ron knew something. I knew he was friend with a-know-it-all girl so maybe they've already talked about something similar.

I knocked on his door and he opened right away. "Y/n !? Wasn't expecting you to come to my room. It's not cleaned, I'm sorry. Please just don't look around and tell me what brings you to my room then?" Ron smiled embarrassed. "Well as you know my parents died so I want to figure out how. They were many to go to that place and it seemed dangerous so maybe you know what they were up to." I explained. "I thought you knew...they died in a flying car accident." "Come on Ron. I know it's a lie." "Okay okay. We'll tell you what we know tomorrow at school. Nobody must know what we discovered, not even my brothers." "We ?" "Yes, my best friends and I. Harry Potter and Hermione Granger." "So you're still friend with that girl huh?" I smirked. "Why that smile?" he giggled. "I remember you had a crush on her in your first year so do you still have a crush or did something finally happen between you two?" I smiled. "Oh no, no I've never had a crush on her. We're just best friend." he blushed. "If you say so. Well, see you later." I went back in my room and tried to get some sleep.