Chapter 8

"Y/n ? Are you awake ?" I heard Ginny's voice in my sleep. "Y/n ?" she insisted. "What !?" I shouted half asleep. "Are you awake?" she asked. "Seriously Ginny ?" I looked at her confused. "Yeah sorry. Here. It's a letter for you." She handed me a letter with my name on it. "You woke me up because of that ? You could've waited, no ?" I said annoyed. "Sorry." She shyly smiled and went in the bathroom.

I opened the letter and saw Matteo's name at the bottom. I folded back the letter and put it away under my pillow. I didn't want to hear from him. He was probably gonna insult me anyway. I dressed up and went to breakfast.

"Hey beautiful. Wanna hear our new prank ideas?" George asked me. "Sure." I smiled. He sat on my left and Fred sat on my right as they told me everything about their new ideas. "How do you find so much new pranks to do ? Will there ever be a day when you can't find anything new to do?" I laughed. "Honestly, I don't think so." Fred winked. "Wait until they get to Azkaban because of their pranks." Ron stated. "We'll find a way to escape anyway." George joked. "All of this is very funny guys but we've got a huge problem." Hermione said worried. "What's the matter ?" Ron asked taking her hands because she was shaking. "He...he disappeared." She started crying. "Who? Who disappeared?" We all said now worried as well. "Crookshanks." She buried her head on Ron's chest. Everybody sighed in relief. "Who the fuck is Crookshanks ?" I asked not relieved at all. "Her cat." Ron rolled his eyes. I smiled.

"Well, we still have to find him." I said. "He always disappears, it's like an usual things now but Hermione is still not used to it. She thinks he's not coming back, but he always does." Harry whispered to me. "Maybe but wouldn't she be happy that we all start searching for her cat ? Maybe she'll feel relieved and concerned about us so she'll listen and finally accept that her cat always comes back." I whispered back. "That's...brilliant. Let's try that." He said.

"Okay Hermione, we're going to find your cat, okay ?" Harry told her. "Are we ?" Ron said surprised. "Yes. Her cat has disappeared. We have to search for him." I added. "Really? Thank you guys." She smiled with her eyes all teary. "Let's get to class. If you have a free period, start searching and if you don't, then just keep your eyes wide open." Harry explained.

We went to class. The first period went fast and so did the second one. On our way to the third period Harry saw a cat from far "Look. He's going in the forbidden forest. What if it's her cat ?" "One way to find out." I walked towards the forest. "Y/n!" Cedric shouted. "What ?" When did he even arrived ? "Its too dangerous. I'm going with you." "Don't worry. Harry is coming with me, aren't you Harry ?" I gave Harry an insistent look. "Y-yes. I'm going with her." He followed me. "I'm still coming. You're my girlfriend. I'm the one supposed to protect you." Cedric said.

We entered the forest and followed the prints the cat we saw had made on the ground. "Got ya!" Cedric said carrying up the cat. "Is it Hermione's cat?" I asked. "Definitely. I don't know any bigger cat than hers." Harry laughed. "Let's take him back to her then." I said.

"Wait ! You heard that as well, right?" I aksed them. "It's coming from behind those bushes." Harry said. We carefully made our way to the bushes and looked through. "What are they doing here?" Cedric asked. Matteo and Lavender were kissing just a few meters away from the bushes. He had a book in his hand. I tried to read the title on the cover and managed to read 'Bluebird'

"It's my favourite book." I said unintentionally out loud. "What ?" Cedric asked me. "No-nothing."
"Thank you for the book, Matty. It's my favourite one. I love you so much." Lavender said and kissed him again. She took the book from his hands but he didn't say a word. She kissed him another time then pushed him against a tree and start to unbutton his pants. "I think we should leave." Cedric said. We turned back to go back to the Castle but I tripped and fell into the bushes. 'Fuck.' I thought as I saw Lavender and Matteo looking at me.