His 18th birthday

It was morning. Nickel was sleeping. The sun shone through a gap between the window and curtain right onto the face of the sleeping coin. 

Nickel's eyes fluttered open. Nickel squinted his eyes to prevent himself from going blind and sat up. Today was a pretty special day. Nickel had turned 18. Suddenly, someone knocked on his door. 

"Come in!" Nickel called.

Baseball came in and started singing.

"Happy birthday to y-" "Ok, stop that. I don't need anyone singing for me." Nickel cut him off. 

"Happy birthday Nickel!" Baseball said, walking up to Nickel.

"Thanks." Nickel replied. He smiled at his friend. He was glad to see him again after being eliminated. 

"Let's go get breakfast." Baseball said. 

Nickel nodded.

"Want me to carry you?" Baseball asked.

"Hell no, I'm not that gay!" Nickel replied, jumping off his bed and walking out.

Baseball laughed and followed his small friend. They went to the lobby and ate some breakfast. Baseball then had to go to the challenge field again. He and Nickel said their goodbyes and Baseball left. 

The day went calmly. Nickel celebrated his birthday with a not too big party in the evening. The party wasn't big because OJ wanted to keep it small, since last time they had a big party, the hotel was a huge mess. Everyone was there though and they all celebrated Nickel's birthday. 

That night, Nickel and Baseball were talking again. They were outside the hotel.

"Man, this day was great, except when Balloon tried to befriend me..." Nickel said.

"Haha, he kept stalking you." Baseball replied. 

They kept talking until Baseball had to go. They said their goodbyes again. Baseball then left and Nickel went back inside and went to bed. 

That night, he had a really vivid dream...

Nickel was at the lobby. He was playing games, pressing the console's buttons with his feet. Someone then sat down beside him. Nickel looked and saw it was Balloon. Balloon grabbed a second console and started playing as well. None of the two said a word. They just played the game, silently. Sometimes Nickel won, sometimes Balloon won. 

Then, Nickel was outside. He was talking with Baseball. The sun was shining.

"And Balloon suddenly joined me, it was weird, but I let him play." Nickel said.

"That's pretty nice of you." Baseball said with a smile. 

"Yeah whatever, I'm just gonna relax a bit."

Nickel walked around the hotel, to the pool, and laid down on one of the chairs. He suddenly felt two arms wrap around him. He looked only to see Balloon hugging him. 

"Hey! L-let me go!" Nickel shouted, trying to get away. 

Balloon just softly giggled and hugged him tighter. Nickel tried to break free again and eventually succeeded. He ran away, but tripped. He fell and...

...woke up in his bed. 

"Ughh... what the?"

He groggily sat up. The dream slowly came back to his mind.

"Why did I dream that?! Ugh!" Nickel said to himself, remembering everything. "That was so gross..." 

He decided to shake it off. Everyone has a weird dream sometimes. There was no need to be repulsed about some dream. He'd forget about it anyway. 

Nickel got up and went to make breakfast. 

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter!