Dreamy communication

"I got this weird, almost lucid-like dream about Nickel." 

Nickel decided to listen. 

"How did the dream go?" Soap asked.

"Well, Nickel was playing games and I sat down next to him, asking if I could join. Surprisingly he said yes. So we played, then he asked me if I ever had reoccurring dreams, which I don't have, and I told him I don't have them. A few minutes later he told me this felt like a dream, and to be honest, it... did feel like a lucid dream! Unfortunately I woke up shortly after that." 

Nickel softly gasped. This was the exact same dream he had! He decided not to interfere in this conversation because maybe it could just be a coincidence. 

"Wow, that's... weird." Soap said.

"Yeah, and the weirdest thing is: I remember it in full detail, even though I usually don't remember any of my dreams." 

"Hm, maybe it's a message. Dreams can have meanings, y'know." Soap smirked a small smirk.

"Maybe you're right. Thanks Soap!" Balloon walked away.

"You're welcome!" Soap replied as she pulled out a cloth and Kleenex and started cleaning again. 

Meanwhile, Nickel had already started eating breakfast. Balloon walked by.

"Hey Nickel." He said.

"Hey Balloon." Nickel replied. 

He decided to tell Balloon he had the same dream, even though he didn't want to do at first, because he also remembered it in full detail.

"I... kinda heard you talking to Soap about some weird dream you had... and..."

"Yeah, it was so weird! It was almost like a lucid dream." 

"I had the exact same dream."

Balloon gasped softly and raised a brow. "Really?"

"Yeah. And I've had these weird dreams about you before that. These reoccurring dreams."

"You said that in my dream."

"I said that in mine as well!"

"Wait, does this mean we can communicate in our dreams?" Balloon asked.

"Yeah, it probably does... Ok, tomorrow we will talk about our dreams again and if we have the same dream again, it proves we have a cool ability. I mean, it's not very cool that it had to be you," Balloon frowned. "but it's still a cool ability." Balloon smiled again and nodded. 

That night, Nickel went to sleep again. Balloon, in his room, went to sleep as well. 

Nickel was in the lobby again. This time, he wasn't playing games. He saw Balloon walking up to him. Balloon sat down next to him.

"Hey, you're not playing games this time."  Balloon said.

"Yeah, I kinda got bored of it- wait... this is a dream again isn't it?" 

"Could be." 

"So this means we are talking and having the same dream now I guess?"

"Yep."

They remained silent.

"Say, wanna relax at the swimming pool?" Balloon asked.

"Hm, sure." Nickel replied.

They got up and went to the pool. No one else was there, except Salt and Pepper being lesbians. Nickel laid down on one of the chairs. Balloon laid down on the chair beside him.

"Don't hug me ok?" Nickel said.

"What?" Balloon asked, confused.

"Ugh, in my dreams, before we could talk with each other, you would always hug me and I'd try to escape, then trip and wake up." 

"Wow, ok, haha." 

Nickel stared at Balloon with a small glare. "But seriously, don't hug me. I still don't like you, even though we dream about each other every night. No homo." 

Nickel felt his cheeks heat up slowly. He quickly looked down.

"Ok, I won't hug you then." Balloon said, resting his hands beneath his head, still feeling a little confused. 

Nickel slowly felt himself fall asleep in the warmth of the sun...

He woke up in his bed again. He couldn't help but feel a little bad the dream had ended. He shook the feeling off and just got up.

When Nickel got into the kitchen, he already saw Balloon waiting for him.

"So, why did you look down while your cheeks flushed, huh?" Balloon asked with a small smirk.

"Ah, so we had the same dream again?" Nickel replied. "Also, it was because I was embarrassed. Shut up."

"Haha, ok." 

Nickel sat down next to Balloon. Balloon smiled.

"Maybe we should tell someone about our ability." Balloon suggested.

"Well, who should we tell? Baseball?" Nickel asked.

"Um, no, I think we should tell Soap. She knows a bit about dreams, since she started learning to lucid dream to find out why she's so afraid of germs, so maybe she could tell us how we suddenly got this ability and what cool things we could do."

"Hm, I don't really like the "cool things WE could do" part, but eh, we could ask her about it." Nickel said.

Balloon smiled wider. "Alright, then let's tell her tomorrow, because I wanna make sure we keep this ability and it doesn't disappear all of a sudden."

"Well, my dreams didn't go away so I think we might keep it, but alright, let's tell her tomorrow I guess." 

Balloon nodded. 

When they finished their breakfast, they parted ways again.

Yay another part OwO