Soulmates? What?! No way!

Nickel was outside this time. He was talking to Baseball.

"So Balloon and I can kinda talk in our dreams and- oh, there's Balloon, he can confirm." Nickel said, seeing Balloon approach him.

"Hey Nickel, are you trying to find out if Baseball can also talk through dreams?" Balloon asked.

"Uh, yeah? How'd you know?"

"Oh, just guessing."

Baseball didn't seem to question it. This probably meant he was just part of Nickel's dream and they couldn't talk through dreams. He walked away.

"Wow, the fact Baseball doesn't question it makes me believe we are the only ones who can talk through our dreams here." Balloon said.

"Yeah obviously." Nickel replied.

He and Balloon started walking as well. They went to the lobby because why not?

"So, what are we gonna do now?" Balloon asked, sitting down on the couch.

"I dunno." Nickel replied, sitting down next to him.

Before they could discuss about what they'd do, everything faded to black.

Nickel woke up in his bed. He got up and went to the lobby, where Balloon was waiting for him. They'd ask Soap about it today.

In the lobby, Balloon was indeed waiting, holding a bowl of cereal. Nickel went to the kitchen first to make himself some cereal as well and sat down next to him.

"So, today we'll tell her?" Balloon asked.

"No, we will tell her next year." Nickel replied sarcastically. 

Balloon giggled and took a bite of his cereal. 

At that moment, OJ walked by. He smiled when he saw the two sitting there.

"Wow, good to see you two are getting along now." He said. "I'm pretty surprised, to be honest."

He then continued walking, probably to search for Paper to make out with him.

When it was around noon, Balloon and Nickel finally went to ask Soap. They found her at the pool, lecturing Cherries and Yin-Yang about not making dirty jokes.

"Soap, we have a question." Balloon said. 

"And lastly, these jokes are just a waste of- oh, hey guys, what's your question?"

"We kinda have an ability to communicate in our dreams and always remember the same dream every night." Nickel explained.

Soap gasped and dropped her glass of water she was drinking.

"What's wrong?" Balloon asked, starting to feel concerned. 

"Don't you guys know what that means?" Soap replied.

"Uhh, no, we don't?" Nickel replied, raising a brow. 

"It means you're soulmates!" Soap exclaimed.

"Soulmates? Wh- wh- no way. You're joking, right? ME AND BALLOON? SOULMATES?! AHAHAHA- very funny." 

"I'm not joking, Nickel. Soulmates share dreams after they both turn 18." 

"Do... do you mean soulmates as in... love?" Balloon asked hesitantly.

"Yep!" Soap said with a huge smile.

"NOPE, I'M OUTTA HERE!" Nickel said, his cheeks turning red. He wanted to run away, but Balloon stopped him.

"But why? Why me and Nickel?" Balloon asked.

"Well, I dunno. You'll have to ask Fan. He knows more about these soulmate things than I do. I only know the dream part, coincidentally."

"Alright, we will ask Fan then. Thanks!" Balloon said, picking Nickel up, running away and taking the very flustered coin with him.

When they were outside, Nickel jumped out of Balloon's hands.

"No way we are soulmates! We have like nothing in common! Also, we're enemies! Ok, we kinda started getting along sometime... UGH, I DON'T KNOW AT THIS POINT! I'm just repulsed."

"I don't know why fate chose us either, but we will have to accept it." Balloon replied. "Also I don't think we HAVE to date. We can just stay friends, or enemies, or... frenemies... heh." 

"Thank god!" Nickel said. 

Balloon chuckled and leaned on Nickel. Nickel's cheeks flushed again and Nickel smiled slightly, then realized he was acting too gay and frowned again and pushed Balloon off him.

"Get off me! The fact we are "soulmates" doesn't mean you have to act all gay towards me!"

Balloon looked down a bit. "I'm sorry." His cheeks flushed a bit as well as he looked to the side. "I'm, uh, going to do my own thing now..." Balloon then walked away.

"Yeah, goodbye or whatever." Nickel replied.

He decided to walk away as well to go outside and talk to Baseball.

He eventually found Baseball, chilling by the DrFizz machine, drinking a DrFizz.

"Baseball, we need to talk. Remember what you said about the soulmates thing?" 

Baseball looked up. "That crap I don't believe in? Yeah."

"Well, apparently you were right. Balloon and I... we started sharing dreams a few days ago, so went to Soap today and ask her what kind of cool stuff we could do with it. Apparently it's not just a cool lucid dream thingie. Apparently, Balloon and I are soulmates."

Baseball choked on his drink. He coughed and set his drink down for a moment. "You're serious?!"

"Yeah! It's disgusting! We don't have ANYTHING in common and we don't even like each other like that!"

"I thought it was fake!"

"I hoped it was fake!"

Nickel sat down. His face was completely red and Nickel didn't know if it was from embarrassment or something else.

"Please don't make fun of me..."

Baseball scooted closer to Nickel, picking his drink up again using his foot. "Don't worry, I won't make fun of you. But, I'll be honest, you're gay enough for him." 

"Shut up." Nickel pulled up his knees and let his face rest on them. 

"Haha, ok, ok. I'll shut up. But just know, IF you ever get feelings for him, I will support you." 

Nickel looked up and smiled. "Thank you, Baseball."

"You're welcome, chief."

"Don't call me that..."

Haha, I added some actual Nickloon here tehee