Reoccurring dreams

The next day, Nickel woke up from the same dream he had the night before. He groaned.

"Ughh, again? What is this? I've never had the same dream twice in a row..."

He got up and went to eat breakfast. 

In the lobby, Nickel bumped into Balloon. He blushed in embarrassment because he still remembered the dream.

"Get outta the way." He said before sprinting to the kitchen. 

Balloon just sighed and also went to the kitchen. He was a little surprised Nickel only told him to get out of the way instead of insulting him though. 

The rest of the day was pretty boring. Nickel decided to go outside to see Baseball. Balloon went outside too, but he went to see Suitcase. 

When Nickel was outside he saw Baseball chilling on the docks, humming to himself softly. Nickel sat down beside him. Baseball noticed Nickel and smiled. 

"Hey Nickel."

"Hey Baseball, I came here to see you and also kinda... tell you something?"

Baseball raised a brow. "Oh?"

"So I had this dream the night before last night... and it was about Balloon. BUT HERE'S THE THING, I have NEVER dreamed about him in my life!"

"Uhh... how did the dream go?" Baseball asked hesitantly.

Nickel told about the dream. 

"Oh? Well that's weird. But I'm pretty sure it's just your mind messing with you or something." 

"Well, let me tell you something if you think that. Last night, I had the dream AGAIN! What's going on? I don't like him like that!" 

Baseball thought. "Hmm, I don't know. I've heard of this soulmates thingie where they share their dreams and such but I don't believe in that stuff. Sounds like fan fiction to me." 

"Ew, imagine if I was in such a fanfic and imagine if this was true!" Nickel said, making a disgusted face. 

Baseball laughed. "Indeed, imagine!" He then looked serious. "But don't worry, it's probably not that bad. Let's just enjoy the view." 

They enjoyed the view of the sun mirroring in the water, talking about stuff every now and then.  

That night, the same dream happened again. Nickel woke up, frustrated. He decided to search on the internet to find out what was wrong with him.

Unfortunately, Nickel only got sites about "finding out what your dreams mean". Sighing, he put his phone away and went to eat breakfast. 

The weeks that followed after that, Nickel kept getting the same dream. 

Until Balloon's 18th birthday...

Balloon had celebrated his birthday with a pool party because it was a very hot day that day. Nickel got very tired and went to bed. He fell asleep, knowing he would get the same dream again.

Nickel was playing games. Someone sat down next to him. It was Balloon. Nickel expected him to just join the game, but this time, something else happened.

Balloon talked to Nickel. 

"Can I join?" He asked.

"Wha- huh? Uhh, s-sure I guess?" Nickel replied, surprised Balloon talked to him. 

They kept playing for a while. Nickel felt the burning urge to talk to Balloon. He didn't know why, he just felt like it. He decided to talk to him. 

"Balloon?"

Balloon looked at Nickel. "Yeah?"

Have you ever had a dream that... usually never happens? And then you wake up and are like "ugh, that was weird, anyways let's shake it off". But the next night it happens again and that continues for a few weeks until it suddenly goes different?" 

Balloon shook his head. "Why are you asking?"

"Well, ugh I can't believe I'm saying this, but... I've had these weird dreams about you." 

Nickel explained how the dreams went. Balloon listened the entire time.

"And they just kept coming back."

"Hmmm, that's pretty weird..." Balloon said. 

"Yeah, I know." Nickel replied. 

The two continued playing. A few moments later, Nickel felt the urge to ask Balloon if this could be a dream. It felt so weird. They'd never play games together. They'd never talk to each other so nicely. Something was just off. 

Nickel decided to ask the question.

"Balloon, do you... feel like this might be a dream?" 

Balloon looked back. 

'No, why would it be?"

"Well, we are getting along so suddenly! That usually never happens! We never play games or talk with each other! This- this must be a dream!" 

Balloon thought. "Hm, now that you say it... it does feel off indeed..." 

They looked at each other, until suddenly, everything faded to black...

Nickel woke up again. He couldn't help but feel slightly surprised. He got up and went to the lobby to make breakfast. 

In the lobby, Nickel overheard Balloon talking to Soap.

"I got this weird, almost lucid-like dream about Nickel."

Mwhahahha cliffhanger I'm so evil mwahahhaha-