6

Despite my impatience, Friday did eventually come. I didn't want to look too fancy, but I also didn't want to look like I'd been sitting around my apartment all day. I threw on a nice shirt and just whatever pants I had lying around and went over to Wilbur's door.

I knocked on his door, and he quickly rushed to open it, smiling upon seeing me. "Hey."

"Hey."

He cleared his throat slightly. "Come on in." He opened his door wide and motioned for me to come in. He led me to his couch. "Here... I'll go get... the wine."

He sounded a bit nervous. I wonder why !!!!!!!! (lmfao).

I looked around the room. There were a few missing pieces of furniture, making the area look bigger than it did last week.

Wilbur walked hurriedly back into the living room with multiple bottles of wine. "This kid is insane, man!" To quote that one Hamilton song. I believe it was Alexander Hamilton.

He popped open the bottle with a skillful hand, pouring it into two wine glasses. He sat on a couch opposite of me and took a sip. "So, how was work?" He asked somewhat awkwardly.

I chuckled into my glass. "It was busy as always. I didn't know Brits loved cats so much. I couldn't help but notice you sitting in the corner of the cafe, too."

His eyes went slightly wide. "Ahaha... Yes... I was there. I was going to visit you, but I guess you were busy making drinks and whatnot. Still felt like getting a coffee, though."

"This is really nice wine..." I said.

"What did I tell you? And it tastes so much better when there are those who share the memory." He smiled. "Speaking of nice wine... did you ever drink that bottle I gifted you a while back?"

Right. "Actually, no. I haven't yet. Doesn't wine taste better the longer you let it sit?"

"Well, of course. However, it's aged quite a bit already."

"Maybe it's some sort of alcohol consumption anxiety." You made up.

"Anxiety?" He inquired.

"Even though I was a grown ass adult, my guardians didn't allow me to consume alcohol. I'd only ever gotten a drink once when I went to a bar with Ophelia..."

Wilbur raised his eyebrows. "Interesting. Your parents sound like dicks, no offense."

"None taken! Honestly, I didn't ask to be put in this world, and then they treat me like shit my whole life... Abortions were a thing."

"Well... I'm... glad you're here." He said quietly. My face felt warm.

"Th... thank you..."

...

"Y/N..." He said.

"...Yes?"

He stared into my eyes. "I hope you realize how much I truly treasure you. Thank you... for being here with me..."

"Of... of course!"

......

Wilbur and I got so fucking drunk. I'm a bit of a lightweight already, but we ended up sharing both of the bottles. I remember staying over at his apartment until very early in the morning, just enjoying his presence and laughing with him.

I left around five in the morning, immediately passing out on the sofa.

I woke up a few hours later to a terrible headache. Maybe I shouldn't have had so much alcohol. My head was pounding as I stumbled into the bathroom. I grabbed a bottle of Aleve from one of the shelves, swallowing them dry because I'm a badass bitch like that.