8 (Finale)

"I'm a bit frightened." You whispered to Ranboo.

"Sorry, am I too tall for you?" He whispered back.

"No, not you. I mean for this concert."

Tubbo was driving the four of you to the venue. Tommy was in the passenger's seat, leaving you and Ranboo in the back.

"From what I heard... you're like, in love with Wilbur, huh?"

Your head snapped to look at him in shock. "What did they tell you to give you that idea?!"

"Well, they told me you seemed pretty beaten up over the fact that this almost perfect stranger had moved away."

"He wasn't a stranger. I'd gotten to know him quite a bit... Oh."

Ranboo hummed in confusion.

"I forgot to drink the wine he gave me a while ago."

Ranboo seemed to cringe from under his mask. "Wine? Alcohol? No thanks, I'd rather diedrate."

"Well, it's not for you, Ranboo."

He hummed again. "You know, you're one of the only people who actually says my name correctly."

"Really? Do most people say it like... like you ran? Like the action?"

"Yeah."

"But it's... pronounced like 'ron-boo'. Like, that's how you pronounce it, right? So why..."

"I don't know!" He laughed slightly. "You know how humans are."

"You say that as if you almost aren't one."

"Bro... how did you guess?" He joked.

......

Tommy led the group to a table near the front of the stage. "He'll definitely spot Y/N if we sit up here."

"Is- Is that so..." You mumbled. You still felt a bit fearful.

You only had Tommy's number because he sent you all of Wilbur's and his band's songs. So, at least you knew the music you were about to listen to.

And if you didn't it wouldn't matter, because Tommy made sure we listened to their music as we drove to London.

"It'll be dark, so it's not like you'll stick out like a sore thumb." Toby assured you. "He doesn't know that you're coming, anyway. He knows that we are, but we didn't tell him where we were sitting. Besides, he'll be busy with the show. It's not like he'll be staring at you the whole time."

"Unless he does." Tommy said in a monotonous tone.

I gave a fake laugh. "Great."

"If all else fails, I can hide you with my tallness." Ranboo said proudly.

"Wow. I've never been so thankful for the existence of Americans before." You teased.

...

"Hi, hello, it's Wilbur on stage." Wilbur suddenly appeared on stage with a mic and guitar slung over his shoulder. "We have a great lineup for you all tonight," the other members walked on stage with their instruments, "And we'll be starting with one that all Lovejoy fans seem to enjoy — Taunt." The one who you knew as 'Ash' began playing his instrument.

Wilbur seemed very focused on singing and playing his guitar, but you were worried he'd notice you.

Even though that was the whole reason why you were there in the first place.

You shrunk. You were wearing a jacket, and you pulled the hood over your head to slightly block your face.

After finishing Taunt, they started to sing songs from their 'Pebblebrain' EP. Namely, starting with It's All Futile! It's All Pointless!