7

A/N: I decided that first-person writing is bullshit. I'm changing the view to 2nd person because it's just so much easier to write. Okay bye.

...

"Lovejoy is doing a concert?" You repeated.

"Mhm! Toby, Ranboo, and I were gonna see them perform soon. It's some place in London."

"Now, who's Ranboo?" You asked. "I haven't heard of them before."

"Ranboo's American so it doesn't matter. Just don't go telling the internet that he's visiting or it'll be a massacre." Tommy said.

"Ranboo is one of our friends we met through streaming." Toby said. "But I agree with that last part. It's supposed to be a secret."

"Ah, an American. We could bond over not having free healthcare." You joked.

"Right, whatever. Doesn't matter. What does matter is you'll be able to see him, if you come with us."

"How much are the tickets?"

Tommy laughed.

WHY did he laugh. What's so funny about that.

"What?"

"Ticket price... You don't have to pay, Y/N. I can pay for you because I'm, like, a bajillionaire."

"You don't have as much money as Ranboo, though. He was number sixteen." Toby closed his eyes and nodded his head.

"Man, shut up. Forty is better than eighty-one."

You didn't get the joke, but you chose not to question it. "When's the concert?"

"December 18th. I'll send you more details about it later." Tommy said. A gust of wind flew by you three, leaving you shivering.

"Fuck man, it's cold. Can we go back to my house now?" Toby whined.

"Yeah, yeah. Y/N, we're gonna get going. It's getting dark, so don't stay out too long. The water rises a shit ton at night."

"Alright... I'll see you soon."

......

Two weeks went by. So fucking slowly.

"You look somewhat saddened with your existence." Haruki said during a calm moment in our shift.

They were standing in front of the register, and you were making a drink.

"Ha!" You snorted, "I didn't know it was that obvious."

"I haven't seen that pretty boy come in, either." That really got your attention.

"...Why should that matter?"

They turned to stare at you. "Did something happen?"

"I think it's what didn't happen that's upsetting me."

"Care to explain? I can only imagine what sorts of things didn't happen for you to be so down."

You explained to them the situation, and they looked a bit sad for you.

"Maybe he's just not good at goodbyes." They said, "You didn't hear him moving out, though?"

"No! I didn't-" You stopped mid-sentence. You did hear him leaving. The pounding noises in your head probably weren't in your head.

"You did, didn't you?" They said knowingly.

"Oh my god."

They gave a halfhearted laugh. "Well, do you not have his number?"

"No! He's int-" You cut yourself off again. Maybe telling random people you used to live next to an internet-famous person isn't too smart. "No, I don't."

"What about an instagram?"

"He... doesn't use instagram."

"Twitter?"

"I don't have twitter. It's too controversial."

"Understandable." They turned back around to greet a group of customers.

Except you recognized two of them.

"Ayo, Haru, I'll take this one." You stood next to them and bumped them slightly.

"Oh- I- okay???" Was all they replied with. "Are you done with that drink?" They pointed to the cup in my hand.

"Yeah, yeah, it's for the table over there." You said.

The group of boys walked up to the counter, and the two recognized you.

"Yo! Y/N!" Tommy shouted.

"Holy shit! We were just talking about you! Ranboo, this is Y/N. Y/N, Ranboo." Toby gestured to a tall young man wearing all black and white clothing. His mask was no different. The only thing you could see were his eyes.

"Oh, you're 'number sixteen' as they called you?" You remembered.

Ranboo turned to glare at both of them. "You told them my Twitch ranking?"

Ah... now you got the joke.

"Not especially so, we just mentioned it." Tommy stammered.

"Yeah." Toby said. "But we told them our own as well, so does it really matter, boss man?"

Ranboo scoffed. "You're American as well, correct?" You asked.

"...Is that the only thing you've been told? My Twitch ranking and nationality? Guys..."

"They told me I'm not supposed to tell the internet about your visit here as well. But they only told me you were American because I am originally from New York."

"Really?" You could see his eyebrows furrow, perhaps confused. "I almost couldn't tell. You've adapted the British accent. I can hear it a bit more now that I know, though."

"Why, thank you." You chuckled. "What did you guys want to order?"

"This is where Wilbur said he likes to go, right?" Toby turned to Tommy.

"Yeah, yeah. Do you remember what Wilbur usually likes to get?"

"Oh... yeah, he usually just gets the daily special. It's constantly changing, so..."

......

I fell backward onto my bed. It was the seventeenth. A Friday.

The concert was tomorrow, and you were feeling anxious.

What if Wilbur didn't want to see you? What if he did? Why didn't he say anything about getting kicked out? I mean, it wasn't the first time he'd been kicked. He'd told you that. It couldn't be because he was embarrassed, surely? And... he left you with no way to contact him.

Was this the best thing to do? Or should you stop being so obsessed with your nei... ex-neighbor.

You didn't have the time to think about that bullshit. You needed to rest. The cafe was extremely busy that day, and you just wanted to rest.

.........

949 words

3/15/22

A/N: me thinks the next chapter will be the last one. If you haven't already, then you should read my other fic, "My Love and Joy." Because I make references to that fic often.

also. to that person who commented on the last chapter about the cliffhanger. this chapter is for you. you made me want to continue and finish this chapter today. ty ty <3