2-What Do I Do Now?

Walking into the big mansion and knowing that Jennifer will never have to greet John again after a long day of work, is quite weird for her.

No more John. No more constant touching, no more arguing, screaming, tears, love...It's all gone. And Jennifer couldn't be happier.

The sound of the garage door opening happens as Will parks the car. Jennifer walks past the the main living room and takes a glimpse at each picture of her and John. What a shame.

She walks upstairs into the master bedroom that her and John once shared. She likes it a lot better in here without his presence. She looks over at the unnecessarily large bed, and all she can see in her mind, is John pushing her head down into the mattress. The thought of that makes Jennifer frown.

She doesn't mind an aggressive man. The kind that would throw her around easily and show her a good time, but it's different when pleasure turns to pain. John wasn't only aggressive, he just didn't care. Not about her, and not about her feelings when he'd have his way with her, even when she wasn't in the mood.

Most people would call that rape, but Jennifer doesn't think about it that way. Probably because it's what she's always been used to. Plus she's been victimized enough living in a house with an old-fashioned man, she doesn't want anything adding to that title.

Besides, she always liked the endings. After all of it, he'd hold her tight, and tell him how much he loved her and every inch of her body. She didn't feel the same way about him, but it made her feel nice. Validation. She needed it, and he provided.

"Mrs.Lopez?" Will steps into the bedroom and gets Jennifer's attention. "Yes?" She asks and stops her reminiscing. "You have a meeting with your lawyer tomorrow, at three. Is that alright?" He asks. "That's fine, thankyou." She nods and smiles.

He leaves her alone in the room and she walks down to the foyer. The spot where she was in it all happened. The spot where she was delicately painting intricate flowers as the side of her mansion burned.

She walks up to the unfinished painting and analyzes it. Pretty. It's ironic that such a nice thing was created while tragedy struck around it.

John is the only person Jennifer has had for eight years. He was overprotective and made sure that he was the only man in her life. But Will is who Jennifer enjoyed her free time with. He's a tall dark man with a calm personality. He kept Jennifer sane while she was basically locked away all day.

But all that is gone now. She's free. Free to meet new people, to roam, to sing, to dance, to be happy...to be free. But she doesn't necessarily know how to live like this. It's been so long. 'What do I do now..?' She thinks to herself.

So many opportunities and chances. How does she choose. She could sell this huge place and move somewhere isolate, to keep to herself, maybe even start the family she always wanted.

But that steps a little big. It crosses her mind but she knows it will never happen.

She makes her way down the hall and knocks on the door frame of Will's room before peaking her head in. Will doesn't live on the estate, but John was very needy of him, so Will has his own room. It's just convenient.

"Will?" She says and Will looks up from his book. He sits up straight in his bed and makes eye contact with her. "What's bothering you?" He asks, immediately noticing the worry in her face. He could always read her feelings.

"Nothing..." She lies. "I'm just...bored I guess." She sighs and sits in the edge of his bed. "Bored?" He asks. "That's a first." He chuckles, flashing his big smile and white teeth.

"You always find something to do around here." He says, making a point since she's learned to entertain herself over the years.

She forces a smile to keep the tears back. "You're right. I guess I'll go finish my piece." She says, looking for any excuse to leave before the tears flow.

She goes to stand up, but Will lightly grabs her hand, sitting her back down. But she looks away from him. She doesn't want to be embarrassed.

"You're scared, I know." He says and strokes her hand. Then the tears come, fast and uncontrollably. "I just don't know what to do..." She says shakily.

"You don't have to do anything." He say sincerely. "You need rest. Get things off your mind." He suggests. "After all, you don't have the ole man bossing you around anymore." He says which doesn't necessarily make her feel better.

"How am I going to do this? I don't know how to be alone." She says. "You're not...I'm here." He says. "You have your own life, Will. I'm not going to keep you here just for my company." She shakes her head. "Then go out! Find some friends. Meet someone Mrs.Lopez." He suggests, hopeful with the possibilities.

"Ms.Lopez..." She corrects him and he looks down. "Right.." He sighs, the mood now changed.

"I never liked you calling me that anyways..." She says to him. "It's Jennifer from now on. Okay?" She asks. "Ok." He nods with a smile.