4-Prone To Being Alone

Leah drives into her gated neighborhood after meeting with Jennifer. She pulls into her driveway then walks inside her three story house. Most people are in awe of Leah's house, but Leah couldn't help but think about how her house is not even comparable to Jennifer's. It's more a castle than a house-.

Leah's day consists of usually nothing but work. Once she gets home from work, she feeds the cat, makes something to eat then works on more work..

But it pays off. She's one of the best lawyers in the city, and that's thanks to all the extra steps she takes.

She's very observant, whether it's something in a file for work that no one else notices or body language that others don't know how to read.

Nothing gets past Leah. Even when she spends one of her only days off out on the town, she knows when she's going to have a one night stand. Depending on who she meets there, and what signals they give, she knows if they'll end up in her bed or not.

She's been single for a long time. She's independent, and that's how she likes it. If she can only have a few hookups here and there for occasional pleasure, then that's completely fine with her. Even if she didn't have the hookups, her independence includes pleasuring herself. She needs no one.

It's always just been her and Daisy, her fluffy siamese cat.

Leah sits in her office for a few hours, looking over Jennifer's case. She can't help but feel bad for Jennifer. It's obvious that she's not really one to be alone, especially since she was married for so long. But to have the person you love taken away so fast, must be extremely difficult to get past. Not only that, but Jennifer now has that huge estate all to herself, and nobody to enjoy it with.

It really is a sad situation Leah thinks to herself. Leah gets through half the file before shutting it and calling it a day. She'll read the rest tomorrow. But so far things look good for Jennifer. There's nothing that could be used against her in this case, Leah just hopes the rest of the file is clean. There is something a little bit off about it, but that's how every case is.

After walking out of the office, Leah puts Jennifer's number into her phone since it was on the file. She always gives her clients her number just in case.

"Hi Jennifer, it's Leah Remini. This is my number if you need anything." She sends, not really expecting an immediate answer.

But Jennifer responds quickly with a simple thankyou.

It's now pretty late and Leah sits in the living room catching up on Orange Is The New Black. The only time she really has free time is at night when all her work is done. And she's usually pretty tired at that point, so she just watches tv.

Slowly, Leah drifts to sleep, Daisy cuddled up beside her. You see, Leah and Jennifer's housing situations are not the only thing different about them. The big difference is that Leah is prone to being alone. Her mother and father died when she was young, and even when they were alive, Leah rarely saw them. They were always working and with Leah being an only child, it was just her. From the age of eight, she stayed home alone day and night. Whereas Jennifer had to teach herself how to be alone. Even though she was alone a lot with John at work all the time, she still got the reward of his love at the end of the day. And thats what she yearned for. 

Leah's never had anyone thats loved her. No one meaningfully at least. Of course she's had men dropping to their knees for her in the past, expressing all the love they had to give for her. But her parents wanted nothing to do with her, and since thats the love she never got, its the love shes been searching for.

 She's never wanted a man to tell her that they love her just for them to settle down and have sex every once in a while. She knows that it leads to a long and awful marriage where they'll end up hating eachother but still tolerating it because no one has time for a divorce nowadays. 

She's tired of silly little boys that think they know what she wants, which makes her cringe. She could have sex with anyone, but what she wants is someone to tell her that they're proud of her, someone to say that its going to be okay even when she's not. 

That's why shes grown to be such an independent person. She figured that if no one could give her what she wants, then she'll just give it to herself. So she worked, and she worked, and she worked until she felt that she's earned the right to be proud of her own self. And she has.

A successful lawyer with a big house and a cat. Its all she needs, and she has no one to thank but herself. That's what makes her proud. It doesn't matter if anyone else tells her it, because she already knows. Sure the validation would be nice, but it wouldn't change a thing.