3. Moonlight Dances On The Water

HEAVY DEMON SLAYER SPOILERS, BE WARNED

     The upper moon, Kokushibou, walked the forest of Aokigahara. Why was he here? Kokushibou himself was quite unsure of them himself. Maybe it was an older memory resurfacing in the way of muscle memory? Who knew? Nobody did.

     And in this same forest we're two young slayers. One used the Water Breathing Technique while the other used a piece together form of the Moon Breathing Technique. The water technique user was Aozora, the other was Yozora. Brothers. Their crows had led them to this mountain, speaking of a powerful demon. And they were tasked with slaying it.

     Yozora trekked on with his older brother Aozora. As they walked Yozora occasionally made jokes to kill the silence that enveloped them everytime no words were exchanged.

     Aozora though said not a word. He acknowledged his brother at times, but no words left him. He was trying to focus on finding the demon. He had a terrible feeling, a sort of dreadful feeling. Aozora did not like it all.

    "It's . . . Cold." Aozora spoke softly as he stopped and rested a hand on the handle of his blade.

     "That's why you should wear layers. You can't just go without a shirt most of the time. You remind me of that loud guy we met a while ago. Do you remember him? The lunatic with the boar head?"  Yozora chuckled softly and rubbed his hands together.

. . .

     Kokushibou stopped, barely hearing the talking of two young men. Barely men... They were boys. One of which just turned 18. He wasted no time in heading their direction. With any luck they would put up somewhat of a fight. . .

     . . .

     "No, I feel something else. I don't think we're alone." Aozora said as he grabbed the handle of his sword and glanced around. He was the eldest, but weaker of the two. Which seemed a bit strange, he seemed wiser and more educated than Yozora.

     "I think you're just scared of the dark." Yozora teased with a smirk. Though the smirk disappeared with seeing that his brother wasn't paying attention to him. He stopped and drew his sword, getting ready for a fight.

     Then they saw him. They saw death. The demon that appeared before them was tall and had long black hair up in a ponytail. He wore a kimono with a black and purple checkered pattern. And the thing that stuck out was his deathly grey skin and his 3 sets of eyes. The middle set of eyes reads "Uppermoon One".

     The boys were to scared to make the first move. . . Poor, poor move. The demon didn't go for them at first, Kokushibou slashed at the trees and kicked the towering logs at them. The young boys jumped out of the way of the falling lumber and collected themselves as the demon stood still. He had a scary, overbearing presence that wreaked of death and misfortune.

     Yozora made the second strike. He took in a breath and made a move.
     "Sixth Form! Perpetual Night, Lonely Moon - Incessant!" Yozora cried as he unleashed a wild barrage of slashes, reducing the lumbar to splinters and sticks. He looked around quickly, making sure his brother was okay. Aozora was fine, but looking for him costed Yozora.