Chapter 27: Another Demonstration

A/N: OMG!! Here on Wattpad, Lightning Serenade is currently ranked number one under the tag 'Shinsou.' I'm freaking out!! Thank you to all of my readers! In celebration, I figured I'd also answer all the questions I asked last chapter!

Favorite MHA ships as of 03/16/2022:

Favorite hero ship: Present Mic x Aizawa

(Update 04/11/2023: Hawks x Aizawa has really been growing on me, recently)

Favorite student ship: Shinsou x Kaminari

(Update 04/11/2023: BakuDeku has me in a chokehold)

Favorite villain ship: Shigaraki x Dabi

Favorite hero-villain ship: Dabi x Hawks

Favorite rare pair: Kaminari x Monoma is really growing on me since writing MonoShinKami!

(Update 05/02/2023: Sero x Midoriya. Their ship name is StickyNotes. I mean COME ON. That's so cute!)

Favorite crack ship: Aizawa x Shigaraki. Aizawa would never, but it's fun to imagine!

Favorite gay ship: Bakugou x Shinsou, which has been growing in popularity, I'm happy to see!

Favorite lesbian ship: Toga x Uraraka

Favorite straight ship: Bakugou x Uraraka, though I think their platonic friendship is much sweeter.

(Update 04/11/2023: Bakugou x Toga and/or Midoriya x Toga has been living in my head rent-free)

Favorite villain AU character: Kaminari. All of the traitor Denki fics I've read will contend that!

(Update 05/02/2023: I've read some Villain Class 1-A fics, and oh, the possibilities!)

Favorite trans headcanon character: Nonbinary Sero, Genderfluid Kaminari, Trans Hawks

Other favorite rare headcanons that you don't really see anywhere else: I read so much fanfiction that headcanon and actual canon mix up. I don't know what's confirmed or not anymore. LMAO!

~

Hitoshi and Neito loved Denki. One of the reasons was because, when it mattered, he could put everything aside in order to do the right thing.

Neito's classmates have heard it all. They know how he feels about Class 1-A and how they think they are so great. They know that he wants to be in Class 1-A, and that is one of the reasons he goes so hard. What they don't know is that he is so adamant about getting into Class 1-A because of a certain electric blond boy who had stolen his heart is there. After the showdown between Neito and Denki, Class 1-B thought they were doomed to be enemies forever. Neito never talked about his affection for Denki with his classmates. They knew he had a soulmate, and that soulmate was Hitoshi, and he knew they would never understand. They would think he's throwing away a good thing, that he's passing over his literal soulmate just to go after someone who is powerful and had made it into Class 1-A. But Neito doesn't underestimate Hitoshi like others do, because he knows from multiple experiences just how powerful Hitoshi's quirk is, and just how capable and good Hitoshi is.

Denki is capable and good, too, which is another reason that he loves Denki so much.

But Class 1-B wouldn't understand; not when they already had the idea of unstable, unhinged, crazy Neito in their minds.

So, it took them all off guard when, instead of gloating and taunting Bakugou, as he was strapped to the podium to stand in the number one spot, he was quiet. When they all turned to look at him, ready for him to burst out with catastrophic insults and join in the leering crowd, they found him lurched forward over the railing, white-knuckled grip on the metal bar keeping him from falling from the balcony seating area, and paler than any of them had ever seen him before.