Chapter 61: Lightning Serenade II

A/N: This cliffhanger business might actually kill my readers if your comments are anything to go by. Also, it might just kill me! I just can't help myself! Have another chapter! After this, I'm going to try to go back to the five-day updates, but who knows. I have no self-control and I'm a few chapters ahead of schedule. Please enjoy! Let me know what you think!

When Denki lunged forward, Full Throttle flinched away, stumbling in his effort to get out of reach. But Denki wasn't reaching for him; he wasn't trying to grab on and take him down with him, no. Denki was trying to minimize collateral damage.

Denki had seen the aftermath of what happens when Full Throttle gets his quirk activated on someone two times, and both of those times were only civilians with under-practiced vibration-type quirks. Who knew what kind of damage Denki's well-developed electric-type quirk was going to cause?

Denki shot forward at full speed, knowing that he wouldn't last long climbing the hill at that rate, but reassuring himself that he could slow down and pace himself when he got a safer distance away.

He turned around momentarily when he reached the tree line and met Aizawa's gaze. At least he knew that someone knew what was going on. And it looked like Aizawa had the soulmates under control and would keep them safe.

The forest thickened around him, and he almost tripped over a root as he climbed, the incline getting steeper as he aimed for the top of the mountain. Getting to high ground would be safer for everyone else; no one else should get caught in the crossfire of his electricity that way.

Denki left chaos behind him, solely focused on his goal of getting away and keeping everyone safe. Everyone except for himself, that is, but he knew he was doomed either way. No one had ever survived Full Throttle's quirk, and Denki knew that he wasn't special enough to be the exception.

Aizawa had been watching the trio a little more closely than the rest. If anyone called it favoritism, Aizawa would call them a big, fat liar. Those three just seemed to get into more trouble than usual. So, when he saw Denki's quirk envelop his whole body, and the look of embarrassed panic on his face, Aizawa automatically activated his quirk to cancel out Denki's. When Denki's quirk persisted, Aizawa swore. He rushed forward, but Full Throttle had already disappeared into the crowd, and Aizawa didn't get a good enough look to track him down. Besides, he didn't have the time for that anyway.

Neito and Hitoshi had also seen what happened, but they didn't quite know the extent to what was wrong. When Denki took off in a full sprint toward the forest that covered the mountainside that they had been riding along just twenty minutes earlier, Neito and Hitoshi took a step forward to follow him, but they immediately found themselves wrapped tightly in Aizawa's capture weapon.

Aizawa knew that explaining it to them wasn't going to get them to stand down.

"Oh, our boyfriend is going to die? Guess we'll have to find a new one!" said nobody ever.

Not a chance, Aizawa knew.

"It's Full Throttle," Aizawa hissed.

Immediately, the boys understood. They looked at each other, faces paling. They looked in the direction of the lightning that was increasing every second, stricken. Then they fought tooth and nail to untangle themselves from Aizawa's capture weapon, huffing and puffing and swearing and threatening.

As Hitoshi made progress at untangling them, he ignored Aizawa's demands that they leave Denki to the pros, talking over him like he wasn't even there.

Neito wasn't so gracious as he sneered, "what pros? Huh? What the fuck are they going to do? What have they ever done when it came to Full Throttle's quirk?"