Chapter 34: League of Villains V

A/N: I just really love you guys. Because of you, my readers, all I think about in every spare moment are my stories and different plot lines and twists that I could use. I go to sleep thinking about how to connect the current plot point with the next one, and I go to work counting down the hours until I can go home and write some more. I post each chapter with a happy heart, knowing that you guys are going to take care of me emotionally and show me that my hard work and creativity is appreciated. I appreciate every comment, like, kudos, review, and message. Thanks for your readership. <3

"What do you want?" Shigaraki sneered at Denki standing in the doorway before turning his attention back to the colorful screen in front of him.

Denki really wasn't a threat to Shigaraki; he knew that. But to have Shigaraki completely disregard him to turn his back on him still made him feel very small.

"Uh... Can I play?" Denki asked hesitantly, taking a cautious half-step further into the room.

Shigaraki glanced back at him once again, pausing his game to really look him over and consider. He did like having someone to play with. It beat playing alone, that is, if the kid turned out to be any good. Shigaraki figured that because Denki was a teenage boy, there was probably at least some video game experience. Besides, Dabi had flat out refused to play with him while Denki was there, wanting to keep an eye on the kid at all times. So, why was the kid wandering into Shigaraki's room of all places, unaccompanied by Dabi?

"Shut the door behind you," Shigaraki grumbled, moving over to make room for Denki on the futon next to him.

Denki let out a breath and willed his heart to calm down as he carefully shut the door and made his way closer to the villain. It was weird being in Shigaraki's presence, and so close to him, of his own accord.

Denki flopped down next to Shigaraki and finally looked at the screen. He slapped his hands over his mouth, but the muffled snort still captured Shigaraki's attention.

"You got something to say?" Shigaraki growled, red eyes narrowed at him in warning.

"Just... I didn't take you to be an Adventures of All Might player, is all," Denki admitted, holding his hands up in surrender.

"There's a glitch," Shigaraki informed matter-of-factly, turning his attention back to the game and unpausing it. "I'll show you."

Shigaraki proceeded to jump, fly, and run his All Might avatar throughout the cityscape of the game, ignoring the NPCs trying to catch his attention to do various tasks to earn points. Finally at his destination, Shigaraki stopped the All Might avatar in the middle of a sidewalk, next to a fire hydrant. Denki was about to question what he was supposed to be looking for when a small flowerpot fell from above screen, flattening the much larger All Might avatar like a pancake. The 'GAME OVER' flashed across the screen and offered to restart the game or exit.

"Holy shit," Denki whispered under his breath before bursting out laughing. "A flowerpot can kill All Might in this game?! It wasn't even like a giant one, or a quirked-out spiky one! It was just a little old lady one! It had daisies in it!" Denki exclaimed as he wailed through his laughter, eyes squinted in absolute hilarity.

Shigaraki's own smile grew over his face; laughter was contagious after all. He looked over at Denki consideringly before choosing the option to exit the game and choosing a multiplayer one that he frequented.

"Are you any good?" Shigaraki asked, nodding to the screen.

"I can hold my own," Denki promised, not wanting to put Shigaraki off by saying he wasn't the best, but also not wanting to make him mad by implying that he was amazing at it, either.