(8) Friends

TWs: Mention of Panic Attacks, Bullying (If I miss any, sorry)

Tommy POV:

It was my first day of school today. Me and Wilbur were now in good terms again but it was still slightly awkward when we were in a room alone together but it was no problem. A new school also meant new people and new people are mean and I am certainly not good at getting along with strangers so I was definetely nervous, I didn't want to spend my entire time at this new primary school all alone and for the taking of any bully that was willing to face me.

I was getting changed into my school uniform when I got shouted at from downstairs that breakfast was ready, so I rushed to finish getting ready and charged downstairs into the kitchen.

"Hey bud, are you excited for your first day of school?" Phil asked as I walked into the kitchen. Kristen also smiled over to me from the kitchen island where she was sitting drinking from a mug.

I nodded slowly and took a seat across from Kristen at the kitchen island.

"Nervous?" Kristen asked, putting her mug down onto the surface. I nodded again looking down.

"Don't be mate, its the same school that Wilbur and Techno went to so I know the people who run it and unless the quality of the school went down drastically then you'll be fine. Trust me" Phil said trying to calm my nerves but it wasn't really working.

Phil put a plate of eggs and bacon in front of me, which cause me to chirp up in excitement causing both Phil and Kristen to let out a chuckle.

-----

The school was quite close to the house so we were walking. I was rested on Phil's shoulders with Kristen walking next to us, holding hands with her husband.

We kept walking until I saw the school building in the distance and kids with their parents filling into it through the gates. The sight me to gulp and my body to fill with worry but before I could have a full blown panic attack both Phil an Kristen were comforting me and reassuring me that I was going to be fine.

-----

When we were directly outside of the school Phil let me down from his shoulders and Kristen passed me my backpack.

I quickly gave each of them a hug before I ran away into the school. I needed to get past any fear or worries I had, even though I was a little kid, I knew from the orphanage that I needed to be strong if I wanted to get anywhere in life. 

-----

The first half of the day was good, my teacher was nice his name was Mr Jacobs and all the kids in my class were nice. I was on my way to lunch when I saw a kid being beaten up by three other kids. One of them had a white mask on with a smiley face badly drawn, one of them had a bandana around his head and the last had a pair of white goggles on. I quickly ran up to them to try and get them to stop.

"Stop it!" I shouted at the top of my lungs and when the bully's saw me they ran away. 'Surprising' I thought but then I realised that there was a teacher behind me.

I quickly helped the boy up to his feet.

"Hey, kiddo, are you hurt?" Mr Jacobs asked. The boy shook his head and tried to cover his bruises and cuts that were on show on his arms.

"Well that's a lie ain't it" I piped up receiving a playful glare from the boy but I could see a smile start to creep up on his face.

"Come on then, let's get you to the nurse, you can come with if you want Tommy?" I nodded and started to follow them as they started to walk.

-----

Me and the boy were in the nurse's office and as soon as the teacher left the boy started to talk.

"Tommy, right?" he questioned, I nodded my head in response.

"I'm Billzo" he said holding out is hand for me to shake, which I quickly did.

The Nurse came into the room and started to check on Billzo and after she had left, we started a proper conversation. 

-----

The two of us were about five minutes into our conversation when two other kids came into the room and started to check on Billzo.

"Hey Bill, how you doing?" A girl with a welsh accent asked clearly worried.

"I'm fine guys don't worry, I've had worse" Billzo answered.

"Sorry but we can't help but worry....Who's he by the way?" another boy asked pointing to me.

"Oh yes, Aimsey and Freddie meet Tommy, he and Mr Jacobs stopped The Dream Team" Billzo exclaimed happily.

"Oh, hi Tommy" Freddie said with a big smile.

"Hi!" I grinned giving a big wave, excited that I am making some friends.

"Hi, I'm Aimsey, nice to meet you Tommy" 

"Nice to meet you guys too"

I was happy in this moment.

-----

The second half of the school day flew by and it was already time to go home, sadly we were all too young for phones so we could only talk at school but that was fine. 

I walked to the outside of the school with Freddie, Aimsey and Billzo and said bye to them as soon as I saw Phil. I ran up to Phil and engulfed him in a hug then after I let go I made grabby hands so he would pick me up onto his shoulders which he did.

"So bud, how was the first day of year two?" Phil asked as we started to make our way home.

"It was great, I made some friends" I answered happily.

"That's great bud" Phil laughed at how excited I was.

-----

We were back home and was in bed thinking about I school was.

'If school stay like how it was today, I could definetely get used to it' I though before I drifted into a deep sleep.

The End of Chapter 8.