(6) What's an Avocado?

TWs: none

Tommy POV:

It was the night after the picture situation and the rest of the family now knew about what happened, thanks to Techno. At least Techno was right about me not getting into too much trouble, all that happened was I was forced to help wash the dishes last night after dinner, which was I tricky job but I understood why I had to do it, it was only fair considering I broke one of the families prized items.

The five of us were watching TV together in the spacious living room before Techno had to go and do a live stream, "I wonder what a live stream is?".

I was sitting on the main sofa, that was big enough to fit at least five people, in-between Phil and Kristen. I was slightly tired so I started to lean on Phil before I was interrupted by Wilbur speaking.

"I really fancy some Avocado on Toast right now" Wilbur exclaimed, rubbing his tummy.

"Sure, we can have that for dinner tonight" Kristen replied starting to get off the sofa. "Tommy do you want to help me with dinner?" she finished catching my attention.

I turned my head away from the TV, which was playing SpongeBob at the moment, to look at her. She asked me to make dinner, should I say yes?

It would be rude if I said no so I quickly nodded my head and climbed off the sofa. I waddled into the kitchen behind Kristen until she picked me up from the floor and placed me on top off a countertop.

She proceeded to rush around the kitchen picking out all the ingredients we would need for this meal. 

Kristen went around until she had picked out everything we would need like bread, avocadoes, different seasonings and eggs.

"What's this?" I asked in a polite tone with my high pitched voice as she placed a dark green food in front of me.

"It's an avocado, Tommy" she answered as she washed her hands before I did.

"Oh, what does it do?" I asked making Kristen chuckle at me, rude.

"It's a fruit that people eat, rarely on its own but it's good for you" she replied, my nose scrunching up.

"Eww, I hate healthy food" I grimaced childishly.

"Well, tough luck" she laughed starting to crack eggs into a pan.

"Okay!" I exclaimed excitedly.

-----

A few passed of me just watching Kristen fry some eggs and cut up some avocadoes.

"So Tommy what kind of food did you eat in the orphanage?" she asked, still cutting up an avocado.

"Oh, well every day we had plain porridge for breakfast, for lunch we were allowed a sandwich which was usually ham or tuna and for dinner we had either fish fingers and waffles or chicken strips and chips" I answered, the mention of the orphanage bringing back bad memories.

"Every single day?" she questioned, I nod in reply clearing making her feel bad.

"It was alright though after a while of having the same food almost every day you get used to it" I said to put her mind at ease.

"Well, we have lots of different meals here so hopefully you can enjoy more foods like avocadoes"

-----

It was about ten more minutes before the five of us were sitting around the table eating our food.

"So, Tommy how is the food?" Phil asked from across the table looking up from his half empty plate.

"It's delicious!" I squealed, loving the food.

"That's awesome, bud" Kristen says as she reached over to me and ruffled my blonde hair.

-----

"I'm going upstairs to stream so be quiet" Wilbur announced, standing up and walking upstairs to his bedroom that doubled down as his office.

"What's streaming?" I happily asked the other three that were still at the table.

"Its where you broadcast yourself doing things live to people over the world" Phil answered.

"Oh, that sounds fun, can I do it?" I asked, excited at the prospect of streaming.

"Um, maybe when your older" Kristen answered, causing a slight frown to tug at my lips and my mood to drop ever so slightly.

"Okay" I replied before leaving my seat and walking out of the kitchen.

I walked upstairs to my room to plan, how I was going to annoy Wilbur live on stream.

To be continued.

The End of Chapter 6.

Note: A bit of a filler chapter here, sorry, but things will start to pick up soon. Hope you enjoyed it.