The Pretending Game

Song: Playdate (Melanie Martinez)

Modern AU (hypothetical)

Shinobu's POV:

Giyu is popular in my college. The tall, raven black hair, looks so smooth under the light and swaying with wind even when it's short. I sometimes imagine how it would feel if I once got to graze my fingers over his head just to check his soft hair.

He has sharp features like the perfectly shaped sharp nose and the well defined jawline whenever he rolls his head around to produce cracking sounds while working out. Damn, that's too much of a show off of one's features to the spectators.

His lips are small, but plump. I wonder if they even feel the same as they look, while his eyes were blue, deep as the ocean but a little glimmer.

We are classmates or seatmates and most of the girls were jealous of me getting a seat next to the popular Tomioka Giyu during classes. It didn't matter to me because I wasn't interested in him romantically. We were good friends and that was it.

His other friends are Sabito and Makomo. Makomo is very close to Giyu and people estimated if the two were dating or not. But that was soon confirmed since Makomo started to hangout with Sabito and went on a relationship with him.

Now that all the girls started to stalk and disrupted his personal space and time, he got very much frustrated. And we don't have much of a romantic relationship at the first place. I was the one who teased him usually and some students thought that I flirted with him. Well,... They weren't even wrong either.

So right now, I am sitting in front of him, having a coffee and looking at him.

Three weeks ago ...

"Kochou, would you like to be my playdate? I swear I won't-"

"Why? Does the popular Giyu Tomioka want to break the poor girls' hearts? How cruel and a cheap way to-"

"Shut up, Kochou. It's not like that. There's a concept called 'personal space' in one's life, right?" He explained as his fingers formed the peace sign but also moving up and down to emphasize "personal space" through it.

"Hmm. I do know about it. Wanna just get rid of them from your personal space through me even though you know that you would have to share your space with me?" I asked as I rested my chin over my palm, looking at the pen which I was fiddling with.

"Yeah... Kind of. So, would you?" He shrugged and offered. He looked at me seriously.

I still fiddled with my pen and then tapped it on my lip while looking into his eyes, thinking about the circumstances and the various situations as well as scenarios which I would have to face.

"Hmm.... Well, I am okay with that. But..." I stopped tapping the pen on my lips and kept it touching my lips.

"But?" He asked curiously.

"Only on one condition."

"What is it?"

"You will have to obey all my commands, be it even the tiniest things." I protested. He frowned.

"What happened, Tomioka-san? Already giving up?"

"No. It's just that your condition is a bit childish." He remarked. A vein popped on my forehead as I still kept my composure to act mature.

How dare he called my idea and conditions childish??!! He always was the one arrogant and too proud to do his own work and begged to me childishly whenever he got troubled with academics.