Keeping You With Me

Song: Photographs (Ed Sheeran)

Post war AU (Spoilers)

Taisho Era

Giyu Tomioka's POV:
The war ended with the demon slayer corps wining the side. Muzan was killed by Tanjiro. Some casualties were also resolved and now, the master's heir took over the demon slayer corps head position.

Many of the Pillars were killed while fighting the upper moons; Tokitou-kun, Kanroji-san, The serpentine pillar, Gyoumei-san, and... Shinobu Kochou.

Rengoku has already passed away so his father, the former flame Pillar, along with the sound pillar, Uzui, who had already retired, were assigned to guard kiriya-sama, then.

Now that me and Shinazugawa were the only who survived during the war out of all the Pillars, we stayed in contact with the whole remaining corps and Shinazugawa did change a lot after that. More like, he roamed about, smiling more.

In my case, I cut my hair short and usually visited Tanjiro and his gang along with Master Urokodaki. The Kamado siblings took good care of us.

I paid visits to the Butterfly Mansion as well, where Shinobu's Tsugako took over the place and turned it into a public clinic/hospital. The girls working there also did the jobs as well.

I went there for a check up and one of the girls, Aoi I suppose, told me to wait for the Tsuyuri girl as she had some other patients to look upon as well.

I was told to sit in an office, which I remember as the place I visited Shinobu the most.

I saw all the memories I had along with Shinobu, her talking, laughs, teasing and many more.

Her face never looked less or more beautiful than how she was. Her purple orbs, the pale skin, the small lips and hands and fingers, every thing of her settled as a clear image inside me. I looked over the whole office and then noticed the drawer of the office table slightly open.

There was some paper inside it, with my name written on it. I checked for the door and the window if anyone was looking at me or not.

When I felt everything was clear, I gripped on the drawer handle and slowly slide it out, without making any noise.

When the mouth of the drawer opened large enough for me to see the picture, my eyes widened. I picked up the paper through my fingers and brought it closer.

It was Shinobu's handwriting.

Dear Giyu Tomioka,

I have always felt a thing for you, even though you're annoying and a loner.

You asked me the reason for taking a picture with you, if you remember. My reason was to keep this memory of ours for long, since I don't know what would happen to us in future but you're a kind person and I have always liked your courage and kindness for which I wanted to remember you.

If I don't make it up to live longer, I wanted to give this to you as your memory with me in the demon slayer corps.

I like you a lot, Tomioka-san, or Giyu-san. I hope that we meet in our next lives and be friends again.