Chapter 3

Word count: 1,333
_________________

I grab the Aux cord and plug it into my phone. I hit the button to start playing our carride playlist. We drive up to the line and there's only one car infront of us. We can see the menu from here and start thinking of what we want to order.

He asks, "Now y/n, this is very important, which happy meal do I get, the hamburger or nuggets?" I answer, "Well I'm getting the nuggets, you usually get the burger, so maybe change it up."

He nods and the car pulls up and Cory pulls up his car to the speaker. The employee asks, "Welcome to Mcdonald's, what can I get for you today?" He answers, "Two six peice chicken nugget kids meals with two diet cokes please."

She says, "Alright pull around." He says, "Thank you ma'am." He pulls up to the payment window and I hand him my debit card to pay.

We eat out together all the time and decided a long time ago that we would switch paying so last time was Wendy's and he paid, so this time it's my turn.

The lady swipes the card and Cory hands it back to me. I put it back in my wallet. We pull up to the next window and the man hands us our food.

Cory says, "Thanks man" and the man nods. As I'm putting our straws into our drinks, which are already placed in the cup holders, Cory parks the car in the parking lot so we can eat.

I hand him his bag and ask excited, "Ready!" He nods and we quickly open our boxes to see what toy we got.

It's Mario Cart themed week and I pull out Yoshi, in a cute little car. Cory holds up his up and says with a laugh, "Toad, haha... Oh gosh, I got toad. Switch!" I laugh and say as we switch toys, "Switch!" We got eachother's favorites that why we decided to do that.

  I know I'm already just barely eighteen and he's almost eighteen, but we have never fell out of love with Mcdonald's toys

  I know I'm already just barely eighteen and he's almost eighteen, but we have never fell out of love with Mcdonald's toys. We both have a few shoes boxes filled of them from every time we've ever gone to Mcdonald's, with or without one another.

We finish up our food and I collect the trash, get out of the car, throw it away, and get back in. He drive us into our neighborhood and pulls up infront of my house.

We live in the same neighborhood and only a few streets apart, which was extra convenient when we would hangout side all the time as kids.

He says, "See you in the morning." I nod and reply, "Bye Cory." I get out of the car putting my backpack on and head inside the house.

It's only five so my parents aren't home yet. They work late, about nine. I like having the house to myself for a few hours.

  I grab my airpods and start playing some music while I dance around my house singing. I CAN sing, i'm just not good at it, so that why the music is turned up loud in my earbuds, I don't want to hear the voice cracks and also just horrible singing voice.
•••••

It's Wednesday today and I'm nervous but also excited to see Ms.Venable. She's been on my mind since Monday, the day I first saw and met that beautiful goddess.

  I'm walking into her classroom and sit next to Brynn. I ask her, "So, how do you feel after last night? We're up pretty late playing Just Dance." She replies, "Ugh, tired. It's fun but tiring. The older ones we grew up with where definitely better than the newer ones."

  I start quietly singing with a goofy smile, "🎶You make me dance, bring me up, bring me down, make me move like a freak🎶."

AN: Mr.Saxbeat by Alexandra Stan if you were wondering. Okay bye🙂

She chuckles as we hear the late bell and start getting our supplies out of our bags.

  Ms.Venable starts walking up and down the rows of desks to collect the homework. When she picks up mine she winks at me with a soft smile and I think I almost forgot how to breathe. I start blushing and she walks up to the kid infront of me and collects theirs.

  Today she was at the front of the board asking random students to tell her what they answered in the textbook. Brynn slides me a note and I open it being careful no one notices.

It reads,

Kameron asked me over to his house tonight and we're going to have our first times together, but this is awkward what should I do, should I leave my hair down there trimmed? Should I change what I do? What do boys want it to look like?

  I slide her the note back with my answer on the back. I watch her read it and she mouths a thank you and I nod.

Mine read,

Leave it. It's your body, not his. Do with it what you like and makes you comfortable. If he mentions that you should change it, he's not a good boyfriend.

  A guy from my computer class sophomore year, yells pointing at me and Brynn, "Ms.Venable, they're passing notes!"

I give him a death stare as Ms.Venable writes all three of our names down for lunch detention. The boy asks, "Hey, what did I do?"

She answers, "I don't tolerate note passing but I also don't like people interrupting my lessons to snitch on others, does that answer your question Mr.Edwards?"

  He nods and she continues calling on students to answer the questions. Once the bell rings for lunch, everyone gets up and leaves, minus the three of us.

Yeah only the three of us, meaning she only gave three people lunch detention in my class period today. Maybe the principal told her to cool it so something.

  She grabs some papers from her desk and says passing out the papers to us, "This is extra work that is not for a grade and does not matter. You will sit here quietly and work on it till lunch is over, then you are free to go. Lastly, I will look over these paper to make sure you didn't just scribble in random things and that you actually tried, so don't think you can do that. If you are getting a lunch from the cafeteria, you may go but hurry."

  She sits down at her desk and starts pressing down the keys on the keyboard of her laptop.

Brynn and the guy leave the room and I take out my lunch bag. I pull out a Pb&j with purple grapes. I start munching while I get to work.

Ever so often I glance up at her, try not to make it obvious. I can't keep my eyes off her. She's so pretty and so smart and just ahhh! I really like her.

Once when I was looking at her, I saw her looking back. My heart skips a beat and I blush. She gives me a soft smile and another wink. We both go back to what we were doing and I can't help but think that maybe she likes me too. She has to right? She acts differently with me than everybody else, that I can see, a good differently.

After the bell rings for us to get to third period soon, she asks, "Y/n, can you stay back for a moment?" Brynn and the guy leave as I make my way up to her desk.

I say, "Yes Ms.Venable." She asks smiling, "What are you doing after school today?" I answer, "I have a club meeting then heading to the library to study." She asks, "Interesting, which club?"

I reply nervously, "GSA." She asks, "Oh fun. Would you like to bring you to my place for dinner? Maybe around six?"