𓇋𓃭𓇋𓆑𓆛

Hotep watches you as you walk through the temple's garden, your son following behind you eagerly, holding his wooden sword in his hand.

He finds himself doing that so often, ever since he became a part of your harem.

The young man wants to make sure to observe you first before taking the first steps in making you favor him.

...In him becoming the king consort of Egypt.

And Hotep simply won't allow any foreigner to take that chance from him.

Even, if it means that he has to use his poisonous techniques.

But, just when the right time comes, he will do so.

Plus, he has a much better chance with you than the Arabian prince, especially after the man mocked you for your mistakes.

While Hotep watches you from the temple's huge open windows, you are enjoying yourself with your son.

"Did you make any new friends that I should know about?" you inquire softly. holding into the free hand of your son.

"Yes, I got three new friends" Aten replies, looking at you with innocence in his eyes.

"Really, what are their names?"

Before Aten could reply, three kids consisting of two boys and one girl run up to you both.

"Your highness, can prince Aten come to play with us" the taller boy of the two requests.

"Please" the girl begs playfully.

"We would be really honored, my pharaoh" the shorter boy speaks confidently.

You look at your son, waiting for him to introduce his friends.

"Mama, this is Sinuhe, Habi, and Titi Shari, my friends," he says, pointing at each child.

You smile gently at the young children.

"Yes, he can go play with you" Aten frowns in confusion.

"But, weren't we going inside the temple to pray to gods" you shrug.

"Just enjoy yourself with your friends, I don't mind"

With that, your son leaves with his friends.

You stare at Amun's temple with a pout, not wanting to pray to a God that you don't believe in.

"Your highness, are you ready?" Bast asks, walking up to you with a smile on his face.

"Yes," you answer bluntly, before walking inside the temple.

𓂀𓂀𓁹𓂀𓂀

You stare at the statue in front of you, trying not to laugh.

However, seeing the priest pleased is amusing.

He was never pleased with you, even though the both of you are closer in age, him only being five years your senior.

But, you still don't like him.

"Here you go your highness, another token of fruits"

You turn around to see Hanu holding the basket in his hand, a soft smile on his face.

He looks like an angel with that soft features.

"What are you doing here, Hanu?"

"To help you pray, my pharaoh"

"You don't even follow the religion boy" Bast spats.

The slave looks at the man, his expression not changing.

"I follow any religion my dear pharaoh and owner follow"

Hanu might look like an angel.

But he is the sneakiest one out of the harem.