𓌠𓃭𓆑𓇋

"You could stop following me around like that, Hanu"

The young man smiles at you, his cheeks burning red from the sun's heat.

"I can not leave my pharaoh to wander around alone, what if someone tries and hurts you"

You chuckle at his concern, before linking your arm with his and start walking again.

"What do you actually wish to achieve?" The slave's smile doesn't flatter at the question.

"Nothing, except to be by your side and love you" you raise an eyebrow at him.

"Do you think I was born yesterday? there's nothing wrong with being ambitious"

Hanu hums at your words, amused.

"Can I be honest with you, your high-" you cut him off.

"As I said before, just call me (Y/n), no titles allowed"

"Can I be honest with you, (Y/n)?"

"Go ahead"

"Being here even as a slave is a blessing than being a slave back in Hittite empire"

You see the pain in his eyes as he starts to speak out about his memories.

"Every day, I would wake up by being whipped, there are days that I'm not even allowed to eat"

Your heart wretches, when you notice the whipping scars littering his skin.

"That's horrible, I'm sorry to hear that you went through that" you comfort him with a soft voice.

Hanu smiles softly at you, already sensing your deep sympathy for him.

"There is no need to feel sorry, I already feel safe under your care"

He takes your free hand, placing it on his right cheek.

"You are beyond kind towards me, that is what makes me lo-"

Suddenly, Hanu gets pushed away from you, and a small figure stands in between the both of you.

"Aten!" you exclaim, surprised at your son's aggressive behavior towards Hanu.

"Stay away from Mama!"

Hanu stares down at the child, frowning for a mere second before his smile returns to his face.

"As you please, my dear prince"

Before you even say anything, Hanu leaves.

"Young man, that was impolite" you scold Aten.

"You will thank me later"

You raise an eyebrow at your son's confidence, not believing that a child his age could have such confidence.

"You are not allowed to treat people in such a way, that is rude"

Aten looks at you innocently, with his hands behind his back.

"I know your secret, Mama"

Your eyes grow big upon hearing this sentence.

"I do not understand"

Aten's lips lefts upwards slightly.

"I got reincarnated just like you"

𓅓𓃠𓅓𓃠𓅓

"Stupid little brat"

The honey brown-haired boy slams his hands on the table.

Hanu is displeased, by how a child interfered between you and him.

Even though Aten is your precious son, he can't let him stand in the way of his goals.

Hanu is here on a mission, and it is to seduce you and become the king.

He is, after all, a prince in disguise.

His cruel father assigned him to do that mission to have Egypt under their control, knowing very well that you will reject to marry him as a prince.

And the Hittitian prince is already planning on getting rid of your sole heir.

He is just assuring that any children between you two will sit on the throne.