Family Dinner

1 week later

Pip was sat at the dinner table with her family and Ravi's family. Everyone was catching up and Pip had to keep on making up lies about what she had been "doing" at college. She really hoped the topic changed. Ravi was holding her hand underneath the table. Josh was just bragging about how he scored two goals at football club last night.  AGAIN. Pip had heard that story enough times already to tell it off by heart. "This is a really nice meal Mum. Thanks." Pip said, worried she had been silent for too long. Her mum looked at her oddly before smiling, "Thanks honey." Pip noticed a large lump in Ravi's trouser pocket. She assumed it was his wallet. Pip still noticed the tiniest details. Like the speck of glitter of Ravi's mother's face. The tiny puddle of water next to the kitchen sink. The bathroom door being slightly open. The magazine on the coffee table that Josh had moved from the pile. Pip was now looking for things out of place. She didn't know what else to do. "Pip? You alright?" Ravi asked. 

"Uhhh. Yeah." Pip replied. She knew Ravi could tell she was on edge. Even Pip didn't know why anymore. Must just be the fear of going to prison lingering around for a bit. 

"Pip?" Ravi said. 

"Yes?" 

He was on the floor, on one knee. He had an engagement ring in his hand. It was beautiful. 

"Pippa Fitz-Amobi. You have made me the happiest and best version of myself I could've ever become. I can't imagine my life without you and  I never want to be without you again. Pip. Will you marry me?" 

Pip was in shock. She never thought that Ravi would propose this soon. 

"Yes!" 

Everyone rejoiced and started clapping as they hugged, then kissed. Ravi took the ring out of the box and placed it on Pip's finger. They had both teared up. They hugged again. Pip was getting married! This was the best day of her life. 

{Sorry this chapter is really short, I didn't know what to write and might re-write it later because it's a bit cringe. Sorry about that.}