Confrontation

Pip knew after what happened the other day that she had to face her demons. And by demons, she meant, Lauren. Pip never understood her sudden change of heart, friedship wise. So, here she was, walking to her house to clear the air. She didn't drive. She knew she would need a good twenty minutes of self-preporation outside Lauren's house before she could knock. And then suddenly, she appeared out of nowhere. Lauren, her now shoulder length
straightend out ginger hair bouncing as she walked, was about to go into the shop. Then, they made eye contact. Pip's heart began to race. Lauren was walking towards her. Forget twenty minutes, now she only had twenty seconds! You can do this. Come on Pip, this is holding you back!
"Hi." Lauren said plainly.
"Hey," Pip replied, trying to control her shaking voice.
"Look, I don't want to be friends with you. But, there is some..... tension between us."
Pip noddded.
"I want to clear the air, so it isn't as awkward when we see eachother. We can just smile and wave, okay? I was just on my way to your house, actually. I heard you were back and I can't be bothered to keep acting cold all the time."
"Oh, well I was on my way to your house too."
"Oh," Lauren said, looking down slightly.
"I better go then. Glad we could catch up. And besides, it's starting to rain. Typical British weather, it's supposed to be summer!" She turned and started to jog home.
"Wow," Pip muttered to herself. How easy was that! Pip smiled to herself and turned to start walking home. It was pouring down now. She didn't realise she was running until she noticed the aching in her theighs. She came to a stop and bent down to tie her shoe. She was so focused she didn't hear the sound of dog paws running againt the pavement. A godlen retriever puppy bound up to her and started licking her face. "Spencer! Get back here!" The owner called, running to catch up. Pip felt a twang of pain in her chest. This puppy reminded her so much of Barney. "I'm so sorry," the owner said, lifiting the puppy from the ground. "I'm trying to train him still."
"No, that's fine. I remember having to train my golden retriever, it was a nightmare." Pip said. The owner laughed, "Agreed! They are so energetic. Has your dog managed to stick with the rules?" He asked.
"Oh, he did. My dog passed away four years ago."
"Oh no! I'm sorry."
"That's okay. You can't help it. Anyway, I'd better get going, I'm soaked!"
"Yeah, sorry again!"
"That's fine!"
Pip started jogging again. By the time she got through the front door there was already a puddle of rain beneath her, having dripped from her clothes.
"Pip! I just cleaned the floor!"
"Sorry Mum! Let me get changed and I'll wipe it up."

***

After putting the last of the wet paper towels in the bin, Pip turned to her mum. "Mum?"
"Yes sweetie?"
"I want to get another dog. A puppy. A golden retriever,"
"You don't want to replace Barney do you? He is in the garden if you want to see him."
"Yes Mum, because sitting down in the garden talking to a sunflower is going to make the neighbours think I'm perfectly sane. It's not to replace him! I saw a puppy today that reminded me so much of him and it made me realise that I want another dog. One of my own."
Pip's mum looked hesitant but said, "Fine."
Pip smiled to herself. She went to her room and found Ravi where she had left him this morning, at her desk doing homework. "Wow, Law School is definitely harder than it looks," she said.
Ravi groaned in response. She went and sat on his lap. "I didn't hear you have a shower," he said, noticing her wer hair.
"I didn't," Pip replied. "I walked to Lauren's and it stated raining."
Pip then told Ravi everything, and to finish she said, "And I'm getting a dog!"
Ravi smiled and hugged her. "Because of the puppy you saw?"
"Yes! And since we're engaged, it wil be yours too,"
The two stated jumping up and down like little kids finding out they are both getting a new toy. Josh walked in Pip's room and immediately turned around and left again.
Pip didn't know how a few days ago she was questioning whether she should be back home. She was where she belonged.

(A/N: Hi, sorry it took so long to update this, I've been really busy, I hope you enjoy also thank you for the support on this story x)

Good Girl Returns Home (A Pip and Ravi fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें