Day 6

lol angst again (im in the mood)

---------

NARRATOR POV

MONDAY, 2:13 PM

You were confused. Your mom was acting strange. She kept making these crying noises which came from her room.

Your father didn't return from work like he always did- he didn't come back this time.

He was just late. That all.

Was he?

TUESDAY, 6:12 PM

Your mother brought these bottles home- they were labeled 'beer' or something related to that. Is beer a drink? You never would know.

She drank them on the second seat to the counter. She downed the whole bottle, putting the remaining in a cabinet then locking it.

You had a bad feeling- your instincts were usually right, so what could this bad feeling possibly mean?

You didn't want to know.

You would never know.

WEDNESDAY, 6:42

Where was your dad? Did something happen? Your mom was breaking things more often, cleaning them up around an hour later.

Your mom kept talking to herself and breaking things when she drank the juice. She always cleaned it up though, but whenever she found it broken an hour later, she would glare at you and sigh.

Did she think you broke it? Does she forget things when she drinks the juice? Strange.

You were curious, what did this 'juice' do? What were it's capabilities?

You wanted to know.

THURSDAY, 1:58

You waited 'til your mother was asleep. She had left the key to the cabinet on the table- and you needed to know. Your teacher always said 'curiosity killed the cat', but you weren't curious- you just simply wanted to know.

You took the key and struggled, but you eventually unlocked it a few minutes later. This was it, the answer.

You saw a bottle and took off the loose cover, tempted to spill everything. But you knew that would get rid of your answers, so you didn't.

You gulped and took a sip, a bitter taste filling your mouth. You spat on the ground, accidentally dropping and breaking the glass bottle. Sharp shards of glass landed on your feet, daring to scratch you if you moved.

You heard a slight creak from your mother's bed. Panic settled into you, and your head told you to run back to your room and pretend it never happened.

You moved your foot in a hurry, tiny pieces of glass cutting your skin as you winced in pain.

You managed to go back to your room, close the door and sit on your bed. You took a look at your foot and a sense of horror came over you. Your foot was bleeding, not from everywhere, just a few small cuts.

But you were still a child, and nobody could stop that fact. Your mouth was left agape as you rushed and ripped tape from the tape dispenser, covering the bleeding parts with tape, hoping to conceal it.

You wore socks to bed that night, you didn't want your mother to know you opened it.

Your mother slowly got out of bed, wondering what the noise was.

She opened the door and walked towards the kitchen, and stopped. A pile of broken glass awaited her, and an open cabinet as well as a key in the keyhole.

M/N was getting angry, she burst open your door and saw you sound asleep. How could a child open the cabinet? M/N decided to brush it off for now, but if it happened again she would get pissed.

Very, pissed.

FRIDAY, 9:04

"Mommy, I'll take a bath by myself this time!" You say, your mother letting out a hum in agreement. She couldn't be bothered.

You got in the bathroom and closed the door to check your feet covered in tape.

It looked red was all you could think.

You didn't want to take it off, you were too scared to see the scars behind it. So you left it.

You poured water on yourself for around 5 minutes then got out and changed yourself.

"Y/N, we are going to be late." M/N sighed, clicking her tongue.

She drove you to the PizzaPlex, getting out of the car and bringing you inside. In front of you both read a familiar sign that said 'Superstar Daycare'. She told you she would come back a few minutes after closing, and left.

You slid down, landing in the ballpit. You didn't want to play today. Your feet were paining.

You sat on a chair, making scrapbooks with pictures from brochures, earning a paper cut or two.

Sun glanced at you, a grey bubble surrounded you as you pasted pictures and wrote in a spare notebook.

He walked up to you, "Hey, what's wrong sunshine?" He softly said, patting your back.

You looked up at him and whispered, "Can I tell you a secret?" You asked in a hush.

Sun nodded, "Of course! Your secret is safe with me!" He whisper-shouted.

"Okay. Daddy hasn't come back yet from work and mommy has been bringing these strange bottles home. I think it said beer on it. I tasted it once and it was bitter. I don't know why mommy always drinks it."

Sun roughly assumed the situation.   Y/N's dad was either dead or him and his wife had divorced, and her mother has been drinking with a child in the house, and Y/N has even took a sip of it?

"Did your mom do anything to you? Hurt you? Shout at you?" Sun whispered in a comforting tone, waiting for a response.

"Not really. When she drank that juice though, she would break the bottle afterward. A few minutes later she would clean it up and look at me angry."

Sun needed research. Definitely.

---
WORDS: 965 WORDS
*not proofread