Chapter 16

The next morning I got up and just pulled a comb through my dark chocolate wavy hair, the few times I wore my hair naturally Elvis vouldn't get enough of it.

I kept my hair long almost to the middle of my back, sometimes I would take some of the rollers from a set in the bathroom and create big wavy curls to make it a little made up for when Elvis took me out dancing ot for church.

I then pulled a part of it back and tied it neatly with a blue ribbon at the back of my head. I didn't know what Elvis would have in plan for us so I just put on a pair of light blue pedal pushers and a white sweater.

After pulling on my keds I made my way into the kitchen. Aunt Brenda was no where to be seen. I then saw a note on the counter. I picked it up and read it that she had gone out to do some chores and that Mrs.Presley had called to tell her to join them for breakfast if I wanted.

I grabbed my little black pocketbook and headed out toward the Presley's. Before I could even reach the front door, it flew open and Elvis was sprinting towards me. I screamed a little at the sight of him as he sooped me in his arms. He kssed me all over my face; I then finally took the sides of his face into my hands and kissed his lips.

He looked m in the eyes we didn't speak, we were too happy to see one another when Mrs.Presley called, "C'mon you two, the biscuts are going to get cold and Elvis your second helping of bacon is almost finished!" He laughed leading me into the house holding my hand the whole time.

I sat the table as Mrs.Presley served Elvis his plate then she turned to hug me gently, "Hello there shortnin... I've missed you around ths house." She smiled with her soft and loving features, "I've missed you too Momma Presley."

Breakfast was pleasant with a few laughs and small talk. As Mrs.Presley cleared the table Elvis turned to his father and asked, "Daddy I was planing on taking Kristin out for the day...can I borrow the car sir?" Mr.Presley put his paper down, "Yes son, I dont mind at all, but dont leave it on empty coming up the drive again."

He nodded respectful of his father, "Yes daddy, I promise." He then smiled at me taking the keys from the bowl on the counter, "C'mon baby I have something special planned." I stood giddy when Elvis backtracked and gave Mrs.Presley a quick kiss on the cheek goodbye as she hollered at us both, "Okay love you both and see you later."

As we drove into town Elvis motioned me to sit closer to him. I scooted over to the middle seat and was hip to hip with him just the way he liked to drive with me. His fingers traited across my neck playing with my hair, "Kristin I love it when you wear your hair like this, always so pretty."

I leaned my head onto his hsoulder, "I've missed you so much Elvis... where are we going?" He smiled pointing at a sign that read, "Fall Fair Overton Park, Friday, Saturday and Sunday." I popped up almost hitting Elvis' jaw with the top of my head, "I haven't been to the Fall Fair in so many, oh I'm so excited!"

I must've dragged Elvis every which way, the smell of heavy fried foods in the air Elvis stopped and bought an elephant ear to share. I ripped off a piece of the sweet fried dough and plopped it into my mouth when powdered sugar coated my lips.

He laughed but took my hand before I coud wipe the sugar from my lips and gave me a wet kiss, "Aw baby you just have the sweetest lips in Memphis!" I blushed as a couple of small boys made faces of disgust at us and hollered, "Ew dont you know girl have cooties!" Elvis smirked at them, "Yeah but I like cooties!" He then continued to smooch me as they screamed and giggled running away.

Elvis was always really good at fair and carnival games. I saw a giant stuffed tiger I really liked, for the Fall Fair instead of baseballs they had mini pumpkins to throw. I didn't quiet know why Elvis didn't go out for the baseball team he sure had an arm.

We rode the Ferris Wheel a few times. He kissed me and I couldn't help but get a little heated high up in the air where no one could see us. Not enjoying the view at all we continued to enjoy one another as our lips smacked and I giggled and he growled when a couple just below us argued, "Hey sounds like they are having a good time." she replied, "You stop it right now, I have old fashioned values mister!"

When we got off the ride we continued to walk around when I saw a big sign with a crystal ball on it that proclaimed a fortuneteller resided in the celestial themed tent just beyond it.

I ran towards it, "Hey Elvis we should get our fortunes told!" Elvis made a face, "Naw baby, I dont much like stuff like that... you go ahead, I'm gonna get a pepsi and a burger." I then pleaded, "C'mon no one takes this stuff seriously just come with me!"

Elvis sighed, "Fine! But I best not get no voodoo hexes or nothin!" I rolled my eyes, "This isn't New Orleans Elvis!" We walked past the heavy velvet curtains decorated with half moons and stars. An older woman draped in Gypsy scarves and dangling jewelry called us forward to a table where she sat with a crystal ball and assortment of strange items.

Her drooping eyes glittered as she smiled a golden toothed grin, "Ah, two young lovers come forward my dears, sit." I could tell Elvis was a little uncomfortable as we sat on the wooden chairs at the table.

She then intertwined her knobby fingers, "What can I do for you two youngsters today?" I took Elvis' hand, "We want to know about our future together." She nodded, "Oh, let me see... what are both of your names?" Elvis rolled his eyes mumbling, "I thought fortune tellers knew everything!" I slapped his arm, "It's Kristin and Elvis!"

She asked a few other strange questions then had us all hold hands as she chanted and mumbled. She then broke the circle of hands and looked into her large crystal ball, "I see you two are very happy, in love, young love is always something to cherish! But... it can also wither quickly like a dry rose the petals will fall... your love is not destined to last, I see no children or marriage in your future together."

I was a little hurt hearing this when Elvis suddenly stood up taking my hand, "Well thanks you old hag for ruining this part of our day and you're wrong I love Kristin, I want to marry her one day and have babies and we will happy... so thank you, but we're leaving now!"

I was silent watching the gypsy continue to humbly smile as Elvis dragged me out of her tent. As soon as we were back in the park Elvis was fuming, "How could she say something like that? Old bitch, what does she know!"

I just walked up to him wrapping my arms around him; he then did the same holding me and whispered atop my head, "I love you Kristin... I will always love you" I hugged him tighter at his words, "I love you too Elvis just clam down, like I said no one really takes those fortune tellers seriously." I nuzzled his chest hiding my tears.