☆a goddess upon humans☆

"are you interested in making money?" a woman in a black suit said, her thick curly hair was neatly tied up, and the smile on her face wasn't fading, despite the scenery that layed upon her eyes

"...what?..." the girl in front of her questioned, her h/c hair was sticking to her face because of the blood that was splattered all over it. she was barely standing, her knees were wobbling, and red hues we're barely open. just how did it get to this?

she was just trying to avenge him, but she got too carried away. As on cue, loud sirens were heard in the distance 'welp, here comes the popo' she though sarcastically, trying to stray her thought from the agitating pain she's feeling.

before her face almost kissed the concrete, two gentle arms helped her up " "woah, easy little one, I was ordered to get you in one piece" and in the blink of an eye the two found themselves inside of an old but clean mansion.

"OH MY GO-!" the younger girl wiggled out of the woman's hold and dropped on her knees trying to not throw up whatever she ate last "don't worry, you'll get used to it" the taller woman reassured.

"you're finally here" a new more masculine and stronger voice emerged from the top of the stairs. the h/c-ette used all of her remaining straight to look up, only to be met with an odd looking man red shiny eyes and jet black hair, he also was wearing a suit but it was more detailed than the woman's.

"well sorry for being late, but our friend here isn't the easiest to track" confused, y/n shook her head and finally decided to start talking "look, I may not be the smartest, but it won't take a genius to figure out that you two weirdos want something from me!"

"Oh, you're smart alright, otherwise you wouldn't be two years ahead of your peers" the man directed to the girl "wait, how did you-?!" before she could finish her words the man shushed her and started talking "let's not waste any more time I have stuff to do. Hi, hello, good evening, I am Lucifer, your not so humble new boss and this is my assistant and only other employee beside you, the witch".

the teenager was so flabbergasted she could barely make what the man was saying "wait, wait, wait!! we just met like, I don't know? two minutes ago? and you're telling me you're my fucking new boss? and those names, is this some kind of joke?"

"well, yeah! they're more like code names we use between us. I mean you can call me Sebastien, I won't take any offense" he chuckled.

"wha-? ARE YOU FUCKING MAD??"

"you know for a twelve year old, you really do swear a lot. but no worries, if you go and clean off that mess, you'll get a full explanation waiting for you on the dinner table, now chop chop~" and with that he walked away without any other word leaving behind him an angry girl and a disappointed woman.

"don't mind him, he's always like that" the older female explained "I'm Megan by the way. now let's get you showered, you smell and look like a dead body.

at least an hour later, all three were sitting on a table, y/n across from Lucifer and the witch between them.

"you shouldn't be drinking red wine while eating fish" the girl said while glaring daggers at the man in front of her.

"and you shouldn't be frowning like that at the dinner table, your face look like a wrinkled paper bag" the comment only caused the younger girl to frown more.

"I don't want to butt in whatever you two are having, but I'm pretty sure you owe the little girl an explanation"

" oh yeah right, so" he stopped to swallow his food "basically this whole semi-mess you're in is because of your dear friend dying and you going ape shit because of that"

y/n just kept staring at the man like he was crazy, which he clearly was, confusion and horror both painting her face "what?!".

Megan only clicked her tongue at her boss's half-assed explanation "what he's trying to say is that your friend's, Ryan, death triggered something inside of you, that HE" she pointed at Lucifer "likes to call 'the demon', it's a weird power that comes to certain people at certain moment, as in when they get overwhelmed by a specific emotion and THAT emotion can actually play a big role in the strength of 'the demon',in your case it was anger and hatred, and that match can actually be very dangerous. Do you understand now?"

that's it, y/n was now more than sure that these two are certified maniacs, she wanted to leave and as soon as possible .

"you know what? I think I'll have to leave now!"she put on a fake smile "My mom would be SO worried about me" she got up from her seat, but Lucifer's voice made her halt "do you really think your mom gives two fucks if you go missing? I mean, after all she's the reason you got in all that mess earlier"

"what are you talking about" she asked, making him smirk "stay with us, join our guild and you'll live freely. You won't have to care about your mom always pushing you to become something she can talk about with her fake friends"

The little girl shed a tear at his statement but she held her angry face, the deal was more than enough for her to drop her past life and get a new one.

She hesitated with her words but she eventually talked "if I accept, can I finally be less of who I am and more of who I want to be?" "Of course!"

she turned around and extended her hand "then you have a deal" Lucifer held a smile of glory on his face and shook y/n's hand "good, you still have to attend school tho"

"WHAT!"