The First Day 9.1

The night felt so long

The night felt so long. Minho laid in his bed, looking at the night sky outside his window, he couldn't see the moon but it's light still reached into his room. The scene from the basement playing on repeat inside his mind. He's always half believed in the super natural. It was never a definite if it did or didn't. However, after that moment he believes- no more doubt. Those boys looked so young that he first thought they were some kids from the village coming to play a prank. The more Minho thinks about it, the more he thinks of what changbin said to him when he first moved in. Minho wonders if those were the boys. The ones who blood stains the walls. The ones the village refuses to talk about.

Lost in thought, Minho ended up not sleeping that night. the night sky grew brighter and brighter until the birds started chirping. Releasing a deep sigh, Minho reaches to check the time on his phone. Picking it up at the same time as the alarm starts to ring. "Fuck." Minho groans under his breath knowing he can't sneak some sleep. It's his first day at his new job and being late would not be a great first impression. it already seems the boss doesn't like him too much.

Just how many people have moved in and out of this house for people to react like that?

Sitting up, Minho pushes the blanket off and makes his way to the bathroom. The shower is warm, as if it's welcoming him to sleep. Sadly, he can't stay in much longer as he feels he will fall asleep. Wiping the fogged mirror with his towel, Minho examines the dark rings under his eyes. he might as well be called a racoon or panda with how prominent they are.

Going back to his room, he scavenges for his concealer, the perfect item for hiding the dark rings. With his face now washed and make up applied, he looks fresh and well rested. The complete opposite of what he feels. Minho recalls what Changbin's brother was wearing at the store- a pair of jeans and a hoodie. Could I get away with wearing that? Hmm... no. Minho decides to keep it professional-ish and wear jeans but with a shirt., going for the more smart causal style. He brushes his hair and gives one more check in the mirror before walking into the kitchen.

Looking into the fridge, Minho is greeted by many edible food and not whatever was left behind by the past tenant. Though sticking with something simple, a glass of water and some buttered toast makes up Minho's breakfast. Just as he's finishing the final bite of his toast, a car horn goes off outside. Quickly, Minho laces his shoes, grabs his coat and cigarets with his lighter before walking out the house.

"Good morning." Changbin chimes as Minho slides into the passenger seat.

"I feel like you have too much free time." Minho answers back as he rolls down the window. Changbin has offered to drive Minho to and from work since it would be a long walk.

"Why'd you think I went into plumbing and electrician work? It would be so I could get more work." Changbin scoffs back, starting the car so the two can set off. "If I didn't I would be twiddling my thumbs more then I already am."

Minho takes out the lighter and a cigaret, balancing it between his lips as he lights the end. "Do you not work around the area?"

"I do. There is just that little to do." Changbin reaches down into the car door, mimicking Minho in having a cigarette. "What were you doing in the city?"

"Uni student," Minho takes another breath of smoke before finishing his sentence. "...drop out." C

Changbin's amused by how calm and casual Minho says it. "Wasn't going well?"

"It was going great. I- I just couldn't stay there. It was too much." Minho replies not looking at Changbin, but out the window to the world passing by.

"Ahh." Changbin remembers the conversation they had had in Minho's kitchen.

The two continue to mingle in casual conversation until they reach where Minho is to start his new job.

"Do you have something to spray so I don't walk in smelling like a smoker?" Minho asks rubbing at his clothes as if to remove the smell.

"Sure do." Changbin opens the arm rest and pulls out a little bottle. "Is this to your liking?"

Minho gives it a quick sniff before spraying. "Thank you." It's not quite something he would go for, but it'll do for today.

"I'll come pick you up afterwards." Changbin shouts out the drivers door window at Minho walking into the grocery store. Minho waves back to say 'thank you' again.