oo

▅▅▅▅▅▅ 000 | INTERLUDE

EXCERPT FROM A REMINISCENCE OF ESERAN, THE COLLECTED WRITINGS OF CASPER FRANKLIN, VOL. I

and again, as if called forth from my most feverish of imaginings, I recall once more that place, where the sun shines silver and the trees whisper their confidences into the bright, gilded breeze

...and again, as if called forth from my most feverish of imaginings, I recall once more that place, where the sun shines silver and the trees whisper their confidences into the bright, gilded breeze. As the second moon stripped away the veil I see them amongst us again, and the city sheds its veneer and dons the garb of its youth; of supple dayflowers coiling around the copper-leaved haemin trees and the rich scent of voll nectar.

And upon seeing it, my heart is filled with such joy and splendour that I can only cry out. For what mercy did that great diodyr Anaphalia possess, that she would undergo such calamity to preserve this immaculate place, that my wretched soul should once again be gathered amongst its wonderous shapes and forms, and delight its inhabitants with small whimsies and fabrications such as the mind can create?

But too soon, the memory fades and what torment now is this? To live and breathe in our infinite proximity, knowing such wonders lie only adjacent to what we experience this burden is too great to bear. And so as the phases lengthen and the sky grows wild again, I can only return once more to that last icon the diodyr left this miserable city, and throw myself to my knees in supplication, and beg to once again lay eyes on that place she left us, to once again hear the peal of the water and the rain and the sky.

 And so as the phases lengthen and the sky grows wild again, I can only return once more to that last icon the diodyr left this miserable city, and throw myself to my knees in supplication, and beg to once again lay eyes on that place she left us,...