Chapter 3

*Thoughts*
"Speaking"

  He got up and went to make the call. It rang for a couple of seconds "Hello?" "Hey Henry I need you to pick up Elizabeth from school and Michael from the hospital. I can't look at him right now"

   "Oh my well what happened?" Willaim sighed and told him everything. "Oh my yes of course I'll go get Michael then Elizabeth now" then he hung up.

   William walked back to where Michael was and gave back his jacket "Go wait near the lobby Henrys taking you and Elisabeth for the night" "Okay" Michael said quietly and got up and left. 

__________________________________

  A couple hours have passed and Willaim sees a doctor walk up to him and he quickly gets up from his chair. "How are they?" "Well your son is in good condition again you can take him home but make sure he stays warm" William sighed in relief "Oh thank God…and my wife?" "I'm afraid she did not make it…"

   William sat back down and tried to calm himself down but tears were still leaking from his eyes. After a while he finally said "I want to see my wife before I leave" the doctor nods and then leads him to her room. He walked in and grabbed her hand and held it, it felt so cold. "I'm so sorry I should have picked up the phone at work, then you wouldn't be dead…" 

   He looked up towards her face and she looked so peaceful as if she was just sleeping. He went up to the side of her face and kissed her cheek then he walked out the room. "Alright I'm ready to take my son home now" The doctor then proceeded to take him to his son.

   Once they entered the room Evan saw his father and whined out with a sad look "Dada.." With one arm up wanting to be held while with the other hand he was rubbing the tears from his eyes. William quickly grabbed Evan and hugged him to his chest. "Your okay now I'm here"

   Once they were home William fed then placed Evan in his crib for bed then went to his room. *So that's how mom died…today is something…I wonder where Michael and Elizabeth are?* He then lies down and closes his eyes for sleep.  

__________________________________

  It was now morning and Evan was waiting for his father to come get him but he didn't. So he had to take matters into his own hands and started screaming. William walked into the room "I know I'm sorry I have to feed you" then Evan quieted down and let his father carry him to the kitchen. 

   His father got his food ready then proceeded to spoon him the baby food. *Fathers really sad…was mother the reason he turned out the way he did? Well he still has us and I'll make sure of it!*

    Then once Evan was done eating William sat him near the tv and he sat on the couch. William was facing the tv but not really watching it with a beer in his hand. Evan got up while holding his blanket and wobbled over to the couch and pulled himself up and laid next to his father's side.

   He pulled the blanket up over him and his father's leg then he faked yawning. Then looked up at his father and smiled when he saw his father looking back at him. *Good! He's distracted now* Evan then tried saying to him "Everything will be okay I promise" but only random words came out. 

   William smiled and laughed "Is this your way of saying everything's okay?" Evan nodded, William stopped laughing and his face was in shock. *Can baby's that barely learned how to walk now understand people?*

   Then William asked him "Evan can you understand me?" "Yeth" Evan had replied while nodding. Then they both sat in silence looking at each other. "Maybe I had too much to drink…" Then a knock was heard at the door. William got up to answer. 

   He heard Henry, Michael and Elizabeth and jumped from the couch and ran as fast as his little legs could go. Once he saw them he yelled out "Mikey! Izzy!" And ran towards them, Elizabeth grabbed and hugged him quickly "I missed you too Evan!" 

  Evan walked over to Michael and before he could hug his legs, Michael hugged him tightly. Then said to him with tears coming down his face "I'm so glad that your okay!" Evan just smiled at him and wiped away his tears. 

    Henry then spoke up "Wow I didn't know Evan could already walk and say peoples names how exciting" Evan turned his head to him "Can you say Uncle Henry?" Evan then said proudly "Hen!" Everyone laughed William then said "That one's definitely gonna stick" he turned to Michael "Watch your two siblings me and Henry gotta talk" 

    Then they both left, leaving the siblings to themselves Evan took both of his siblings hands. And led them to the living room to watch tv on the couch Evan was about to fall asleep. But was woken up by his older sibling "If you sleep now you'll be up all night" Evan just huffed "Did you just huff at me?" Michael said playfully Evan huffed again to mess with him. 

   Then Michael started to tickle him, laughter filled the room. Then Elizabeth shouted "I'll save you Evan!" And jumped on Michael making him fall over Evan just looked at them and laughed. *I want to tackle Michael too!* but before he could jump William caught him. And looked at him with a stern look while all his children looked at him with nervous faces. While Henry was laughing in the background.