Chapter 7

*Thoughts*
"Speaking"

   Once he made it to the place that had his mom he walked in making sure no one saw him. Then walked into her room but there were kids there so he had to wait a while. Once they all got out of the room he ran towards his mother. "Were leaving this place today. Here put this on your neck it'll disguise you"

    He hands her the disk and she puts it on her neck quickly. Then she changed from a robot ballerina to a tall woman and instead of her blond hair she had black hair but still had her bright green eyes. She spun around "How does your mother look Evan?" 

   He smiled up at her "Though I wish you looked like your old self, you still look great!" She smiled at him "Thank you sweetheart" he grabbed her hand "We have to leave now before people start looking" they walked out the restaurant not knowing where they were going. 

   Then his momther stops "Wait, we can stay at my mother and father's house. It's away from people and no one goes there anymore" Evan followed her to the place it took a while but they made it. It looked runned down but there were no other people or houses near. Evan smiled "It's perfect"

  She smiled and squeezed his hands. "Once everything is fixed we can live here" "That sounds nice mom" They walked in and saw dust everywhere Clara sighed, "I suppose this place needs some cleaning"

__________________________________

  It was now around seven at night their father still wasn't home from work. So Michael decided to cook for them. "Guys dinners done come get it!" Only Elizabeth came down "Hey Lizzy go get Ev for me" she rolled her eyes "Go do it yourself" 

    Michael sighed and went up the stairs to Evans room and opened it. And when he saw he wasn't there he looked around the room. "Evan where are you hiding?" But he couldn't find him so he went back downstairs and looked at the front door and he saw that Evans' shoes weren't there.  

   "Aw! Shit! Not again" he quickly got on his shoes "Elizabeth you stay home! I'm gonna go look for Evan!" And ran out the door looking down streets for his brother. But no luck so he went back home "Dads gonna kill me" Elizabeth then spoke "I looked in his room some clothes are missing…he probably went over to a friends house" Michael sighed "God I hope so"

   Then they heard a car pull into the driveway and they both stood in front of the door. William walked in and saw both of his children looking at him "What?" William asked and Michael replied in a scared voice "Evan ran away" William stood in silence for a while then spoke in a monotone voice. "He'll be back. He has nowhere to stay anyways" then walks to the basement. 

   Elizabeth and Michael looked at each other "Were looking for him in the morning if he doesn't come back tonight"

__________________________________

    It's the next day and both Evan and Clara sat on the floor after cleaning because there was no furniture there. Then Evan pulled out some of the money he stole. "I stole the money from dad's drawer. We can go get food and stuff to drink" Clara smiled and chucked "Well that was a good idea!"

   She got up and towards the door then Evan yelled out "Wait for me!" She stops and looks over towards him "But if you come with people will recognize you. You need a disguise…I have an idea! But I don't think you'll like it" She walked over to her old room that she lived in and looked through the closet. 

    "Ah ha! Here it is! This should be good enough" She pulled out a white t-shirt and gray overalls. She walked out the room and into the living room where Evan was. "Here put this on" He looks down at the outfit his mom had brought out.

   "How's changing my outfit gonna help? They're going to notice it's me" she smiles at him in excitement "Don't worry your pretty little head about it!" Evan looks at his mother in suspicion and nods his head. "Well…alright. I'll be back" and walks to the bathroom to change. 

    He came back out and saw his mom with two pink hair ties and two marble looking balls on each one. He put his hands on his head and started running while screaming "No!" His mom was faster though and had caught him "Come on it's only for tonight…and any other time we need to leave the house"

   Evan grunted and sighed, going limp in his mom's grasp. "Fine…" and let his mom do what she needed to do. After a few moments she put both her hands on his shoulders. And let him go to the bathroom to look in the mirror. 

   Evan gasped in horror. He had high short pigtails because of how short hair is. And with both of his hands they flew to his mouth with tears almost coming out. "My pride!...I look nice though too" Clara clapped her hands together "New you'd like it! Now let's be on our way" 

__________________________________

   They didn't have a car so they had to walk there. They were walking around the store and putting things into the basket. Evan was mostly getting sweets and Clara noticed and put some back. "Why are you putting them back?" She gave him a stern look. "Getting too many sweets is not a good thing young m- lady"

   He rolled his eyes and sighed "Fine" then someone grabbed his shoulder roughly "Evan!?" He turned around to see his father Evans eyes widened *Ah son of a bitch!*