Goosebumps monsters

I think it's time I started pulling the strings in this relationship. Tonight is gonna be the best story you've ever written. All of your children are coming out to play... „
~ Slappy the Dummy revealing his plans to R.L. Stine.
" All my friends in one place! I've never been so happy! I don't want this day to end, and it doesn't have to, as long as we get rid of Stine! „
~ Slappy after releasing all monsters from the Goosebumps books
The Goosebumps monsters are the secondary antagonists of Sony Pictures Animation's 13th film Goosebumps, which is based on the horror book franchise of the same name. They also appear as the main antagonistic faction of Sony Pictures Animation's 22nd feature film Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween.

They are creations of R.L. Stine's imagination that came alive, so he was forced to lock them into the Goosebumps books to prevent them from causing disasters in the real world. After being released by Slappy the Dummy from their imprisonment in the books, they helped him destroy the town and take revenge against Stine.

Intell

Full Name
Goosebumps monsters
Alias
Monsters
Origin
Goosebumps
Homeworld
R.L. Stine's Goosebumps book universe
Wardenclyffe, New York
Abilities
Various (depending on monster)
Members
See List of Monsters Below
Hobby
Killing or injuring people.
Destroying everything in their path.
Goals
Escape from the Goosebumps books .
Destroy Madison, Delaware (both succeeded).
Destroy Wardenclyffe, New York (presumably failed).
Exact vengeance against R.L. Stine (failed).
Kill Twist (ongoing).
Kill Zach Cooper, Hannah Fairchild, Champ, Sonny Quinn, Sarah Quinn, and Sam Carter (failed).
Crimes
Murder
Destruction
Breaking and entering
Terrorism
Type of Hostile Species
Monstrous Creations

History
Background

According to what Stine narrates at one point in the film, he created all the monsters, demons and creatures of the Goosebumps book franchise when he was a child to deal with the bullying and intimidation he suffered from other children in his neighborhood. Initially, the monsters were Stine's best friends but they soon became unstable and came alive in the real world, causing panic, death and destruction in the town.

Stine was forced to write the Goosebumps books to catch the monsters in their pages and kept them imprisoned in the books for years while they began to hold a big grudge against him for his "betrayal". However, the first book Stine ever wrote, Haunted Halloween, was unknowingly left behind in Wardenclyffe, New York as Stine moved out.

Release

After Zach Cooper and Champ accidentally release the Abominable Snowman of Pasadena from his book at Stine's house, it hits the Goosebumps bookshelf and flees. With Hannah's help, they follow it to a local ice rink to suck him back in its book.

Meanwhile, the Night of the Living Dummy book opens after it has fallen off the bookshelf, freeing Slappy the Dummy who waits for Stine and the kids to return home. When Stine tries to absorb it again in his book, Slappy takes it off and sets it on fire to avoid being locked up forever, while fleeing the house carrying all the Goosebumps books.

Slappy opens The Haunted Car freeing the same name car as means of transportation and releases the Lawn Gnomes from Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes to attack and distract Stine and the children.

After arriving in the town with the Haunted Car, Slappy opens several more Goosebumps books releasing their monsters in different places, one more time causing panic, death and destruction around: E. Ville Creeper's Plants (from You're Plant Food!) destroy the cell towers to incommunicate the town, the Body Squeezers (from Invasion of the Body Squeezers) freeze the police station and Fifi the Vampire Poodle (from Please Don't Feed the Vampire!) attacks Zach's aunt.