Chapter 83 [Edited]

The moment he changed his mind, Shen Tingwei returned home in the shortest possible time.

He knocked on the door but without waiting for a response, he realized that at this point in time, his father probably hadn't come back from school and it was naturally inconvenient for him to go to school to find his father when he is pregnant.

After walking for too long just now, his calf was a little tired. Shen Tingwei stood at the door and rested for a while, thinking of the milk box at the door.

His father was a very old-fashioned university professor who devoted himself to academics, as if work was the only priority in life.

He had often heard his mother complain helplessly: "It's okay if you don't care about your family but can you treat yourself a little bit? If Weiwei and I are not at home, I don't think you can even get in the door."

Later, whenever the mother found out that the father had forgotten to bring the key to the house, she simply put the spare key in the milk box at the door on the same day, so as to avoid the father coming back too late, knocking on the door and disturbing Shen Tingwei's rest.

Neither father nor mother liked to drink milk but they always asked him to drink a lot. Perhaps after he disappeared, the milk box was completely idle. A thick layer of dust had fallen on it, covering the original pale green color of the milk box.

He never did try to take the key from the milk crate, so he had to put his hand into the crevice for a while to feel it and he really found a thin key.

He just don't know if his mother put it down to avoid his father rummaging when he forgets it or if he put it down so that he can enter the house when he returns.

Shen Tingwei opened the door and was hit by the dust raised when he pushed the door. He coughed and waved the dust in front of him and walked in.

He don't know if it was because of a premonition, Shen Tingwei didn't have too many complicated emotions when he saw a house that was completely different from the past and had not been cleaned for a long time.

The family portrait that originally hung in front of the dining table has been removed, leaving only some abrupt traces that are much whiter than the wall because it has been covered for a long time. The family photo, which he took with his parents in a bachelor's uniform when he graduated from college was standing by the door of the kitchen.

Shen Tingwei held his breath for a short while, he don't know if it was because of the unbearable dust in the airtight air or because of other reasons, his legs might gave out because he was walking too fast on the way home just now and at this moment it was like being caught. Filled with lead, every step he took towards the half-human-high photo frame was heavy and tormented.

When he reached out to touch the photo frame with his back facing him, he found that his hand was shaking a little, and the weight of the photo frame was not as heavy as he when had hung it by himself. He turned the photo over and understood the reason.

The glass embedded in the frame was gone leaving only the thin bottom plate and a somewhat faded and dusty photo that wasn't properly sealed.

Shen Tingwei seemed to have lost all his strength because of his trembling hands and the photo frame that fell to the ground. He dragged the chair beside the dining table with a harsh sound and sat down. After holding his breath, the oxygen-deprived brains began to feel dull pains again. He took a deep breath and coughed up tears from the dust in the air.

In fact, there is no need to think about it, Shen Tingwei knew who took down the photo frame and who completely shattered it.

Father never thought of this. He would only calmly say something when his mother was angry: "Talk to me when you calm down."