Chapter Three

What do you do when your hearts been broken before it was ever whole? You die inside. Oh. Or you fill your now spiteful ashen heart with all the cynicism you can muster.

Comedy is the key to hiding any worries.

That's right, if you see a friend chuckling to himself go up to him and ask him if his mom died. I promise you he will burst into tears a weep on your shoulder. Really. Sven logic is infallible. It's never let me down so far.

That's why when I walked through the door to my chaos ridden home, I wore a smile, yes a smile, then broke down at the first face I saw and ran back out to once again weep my heart out.

I pulled myself back off the dirty ground and once again set foot in that dratted place I call home.

"Sven! HAVE YOU ANY IDEA HOW FυCKING LATE IT IS?!" My mother shrieked, honestly, it's like she doesn't want my ears to ever hear again.

"Jesus woman, I'm here okay!" I muttered under my breath, yep, didn't have enough guts to say it outright.

"EXCUSE ME?!" She shouted, grabbing me by my hair and throwing me back to the floor. "YOU DON'T WALK AWAY FROM ME MISTER!"

I sighed, secretly swallowing down my nervousness and fear. That's right, my remaining dignity (and there was some) would not allow me to cower beneath my mother, even when I knew the consequences of acting tough.

She grabbed my hair again and I began to regret not having shaved myself bald this morning.

I winced. There was a burning pain as I felt some of my hair tug loose.

Look at the floor, pretend it doesn't hurt, and do what she says. I told myself

"You have a job to do! Your future alpha is getting his mate tomorrow and you need to help the girls cook and clean! I won't tolerate you slacking!" She screamed at me, shoving me in the direction of the kitchen by my hair. "Lazy boy." She spat.

"What are the boys doing?" I asked her as I looked back from the crowded kitchen of worn out looking girls.

"The boys are out keeping Castus busy and entertained while we prepare his birthday party."

So... Nothing.

She made the girls stay at home, celibate, doing all the work and let the boys stay out late fυcking anything that had a vagina and doing whatever the hell they wanted.

You know what was sad about all of this? I mean one of the sad things about all of this...

If I hadn't automatically been grouped together with the girls for being gay and had just as much freedom as the boys did, I probably would have ignored the injustice too. Maybe I would have supported it. My morals are not strong, if it suits me... Boy I'd go full on evil superhero on your ass if it benefited me.

She pushed me roughly into the kitchen and slammed the door. I heard the short metal click and shudder as she locked the door shut.

I sighed and my shoulders drooped as I took my place beside Freida and Beth who where both busy getting their chores out of the way early.

They turned to me with a pitiful watchful eye.

Freida shook her head sadly, wiping the bags in her eyes as she pulled me gently by the hand to the corner of the room beside the cabinet and opened the medicine drawer.

She pulled out some cotton balls from a plastic bag and reached over to my hair as she dabbed away at the damp blood sticking it together.

I sighed when I saw the blood and I saw her mimic my actions.