𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟒

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
WAKE UP
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

She heard it. The constant and unchanging beeping that was starting to get on her nerves.

She wanted to wake up. Finally she wanted to know how long she had been in this state and most of all she wanted to see all the people she missed so much.

But no matter how hard Jun tried and no matter how much she tried to move even a small muscle in her body, nothing seemed to work.

She could neither open her eyes nor show the people who visited her every day that she was there and that she could hear what they had to say.

It was as if her body didn't belong to her and as if she would never wake up from this endless loop she was in.

There had been moments when she wanted to give up. Jun wanted to just surrender to the darkness that surrounded her and not try to wake up anymore.

In the end, however, she could not. She couldn't abandon her friends and most of all she couldn't let Kakashi lose her.

The thing he was most afraid of just couldn't happen and so she tried again every time, but it was in vain.

It was almost as if Itachi had done something to her in the end that she didn't have the chance to wake up from this endless darkness at all.

But then something happened that she would not have expected. At least not so quickly.

She heard a bang and because of this bang she was now sitting upright in her bed and quickly gasped for air. Her heart was racing like crazy and even though her surroundings were blurry, she knew exactly what was going on out there.

Jun blinked a few times and when she looked out the window, she saw the big cloud of smoke coming from the arena. Without giving it much thought, she almost ripped the IV out of her arm and jumped out of bed.

She had to hold on to the windowsill to keep her balance, because apparently she had been in that bed longer than she had originally thought.

However, she had no time to listen to her body. She had to force herself to gain control of it as quickly as possible in order to rush to the aid of her friends and comrades.

She opened the window when she was sure she could stand upright without support and jumped out of the window. She didn't care that she was only wearing the hospital robe.

She didn't care how stupid she must look right now and she didn't care how weak her body felt right now. She knew exactly what was going to happen in the arena and she knew exactly what Orochimaru's goal was.

Jun carefully jumped from one rooftop to another as she made her way. She looked down at the streets of Konoha, where people were starting to run into their houses or apartments in a panic.

She wished she could help them somehow, but her priority right now wasn't those people but the Hokage, who was in greater danger.

"JUN!", she heard a voice she knew and as she looked over her shoulder, she saw Kurenai and Asuma quickly appearing beside her and making their way to the arena as well.

"You don't by any chance have any clothes with you?", she asked Kurenai but she just shook her head, causing Jun to snort quietly.

"How come you woke up now of all times?", Asuma asked and she shrugged her shoulders slightly.

"I don't know, but maybe the explosion was some kind of trigger for me?", she didn't have time to explain to them what exactly had happened to her and what Itachi had done to her.