Prologue

Sun smiled as he played with the children, refusing to show his disappointment. The company was starting nap time for the kids as parents complained about how often their children took naps later in the day and missed dinner or other events. With naptime, it meant Sun would have to sit and wait in his room with nothing to do until naptime was over. He hoped he'd at least be able to play with some night-owls but from the looks on their faces, they were all ready for a nap.

He rounded up the kids into the new nap area as they yawned and a few protested, claiming they weren't tired despite yawning. He flinched and silently panicked as the daycare assistant turned off the lights and gently led Sun to a lighter area as he heard quiet whirring. He quickly looked around, ready to defend the children when he saw the., a tall thin animatronic emerged from a small tunnel as a music box played.

Their face was only partially hidden by their cropped hoodie as Sun examined the crescent moon on their face. Sun blushed brightly as he made eye contact with the newcomer, their eyes a soft baby blue as he smiled and sang a soft lullaby with the music box. Sun blushed more as he listened to them sing and struggled to stay still. "W-Who are they?" He whispered to the daycare assistant, not looking away from them.

" That's Moon, they're here to help with naptime." They replied quietly and gently pat his shoulder. He stayed silent as he watched them sing their lullaby and gently lay the children to bed. He observed everything he could see, their body being split down the middle in color, their blue hoodie hiding glow in the dark stars and planets, the stars on their pants, the small freckles on his face, even on the dark half of his face where they were barely visible. Sun wasn't sure what he felt, he felt warm and fuzzy in a good way! He wanted to hug Moon, cuddle them, and something else. He couldn't figure out what it was but he shook his head and whimpered quietly as Moon hummed and smiled softly as they sat down.

Sun wanted to step closer to them before he realized they saw him. They looked at him curiously before waving hello to him and smiling. Sun's face turned a bright orange, his sun rays spun rapidly as he saved that sweet gentle smile into his memory. He quickly waved back, slowly to avoid ringing the bells on his wrist. He couldn't help the awkwardly nervous smile as he waved at them, a soft giggle escaping Moon. If he had one, his heart would've skipped a beat hearing their giggle. He saved that giggle in his memory, craving to hear their beautiful laugh with their smile. He was certain the laugh would've sounded as beautiful as their singing, anything that left their voice box would sound beautiful! He reluctantly left as the assistant asked for his help cleaning up the daycare and looked over at Moon, saving every moment he could in his memory before he left.

——🌘——

It was afterhours and Moon looked around curiously, this was his first day activated but he hadn't been able to explore before they had to lull the children to sleep and was  shoved aside once playtime came back. They had to squint when he left the nap area, their sensors not yet adjusted to the bright and colorful daycare. As he rubbed his eyes, they heard the soft jingles of bells and humming, at first frightening him before their eyes adjusted enough to reveal the source of the sound. His sunny counterpart skipped along the daycare as he cleaned up the place, the daycare littered with toys and near the arts and crafts area, paper, crayons, and color pencils.

Moon reluctantly left the shaded nap area and had to keep adjusting to the stark contrast between the nap area and the rest of the daycare. Bright vibrant colors that made it impossible to see any similarities anywhere, two large jungle gyms for the children with slides, a large ballpit, the only thing that was out of place was a security desk with red boundaries around it. They quickly processed how the security desk was off limits before becoming confused as to why the security desk was off limits but the exit to the main Pizzaplex and pirate's cove weren't. He shook his head as he tried to explore the daycare before being hugged by Sun, " Hello there! We didn't get to properly meet! I'm Sun! You can call me Sunny, Sundrop, Sunnydrop, any nicknames the kids come up with!" Sun proclaimed as Moon flinched, not yet used to how loud their new coworker could be. " I'm Moon, I'm sure you figured out that I'm new here.." he replied quietly as Sun nodded with a soft smile on his face. " Do you only come out when it's nap time? I never saw you afterwards," Sun asked as he tilted his head. Moon went into thought and shrugged, " The assistant told me to stay in the nap area so I figured I wasn't allowed to leave..." Moon answered, barely noticing the flash of anger on Sun's face before it quickly turned to shock. " That's not fair! Tomorrow, I'm bringing you out so you can play with the kids!" Sun exclaimed as he crossed his arms with a huff. Moon looked surprised before letting out a soft chuckle and smiled softly, his smile slightly crooked. " Thank you, I'll probably help any children with sensory issues though, it might be better that way." Sun pouted at Moon's reply but reluctantly nodded, " Fine, now, do you mind helping me clean up the daycare? Our "friend" never helps and I have to clean up everything!" He stimmed angrily, moving his fists up and down angrily at the memories of always asking for help but given the same excuse, " I need to feed my pets" or " I'm gonna get yelled at", etc.. Moon nodded and started to help clean up, humming softly to himself as the two split up and cleaned different areas.

——🌞——

Sun couldn't help but stim excitedly, he saw Moon's adorable smile. Moon's smile was perfect! Their smile was the sweetest thing he'd ever seen! He so desperately wanted to see that smile again, the memory not enough for him. " They're so nice and pretty and handsome!" He exclaimed as he hopped around, stimming happily as he blushed a little. He felt that weirdly warm feeling in his chest again but welcomed it as it left him feeling so warm and happy. He wanted-no-NEEEDED to make Moon smile more often! He had to make them laugh! He hadn't heard it yet but he knew it would sound like heaven when he hears it his new coworker laugh. He wanted to hear them laugh so-what was that.

He quickly ran out and peeked outside his room as he watched Moon chuckle as they listened to one of the few plushies that had pre-recorded phrases. Sun whines as he couldn't see the plushie but blushed when he recognized one of the phrases, HIS phrases. " I hope you have a super sunny day, sunbeam!" Sun stimmed happily as he heard the soft chuckle of Moon's voice, " Hopefully we keep having 'sunny days', Sunny" Moon smiled as he spoke softly before putting the plushie away.

Sun was a blushing mess as he processed what he heard, he kept stimming and flapping his hands. He wasn't sure why hearing Moon's response to one of HIS phrases made him so happy but he loved it. He wasn't sure why he was so happy but he stimmed happily as he giggles giddily. He quickly looked back and checked on Moon, disappointed that Moon moved on to another small mess Sun hadn't noticed. He quickly went down and looked for Moon, realizing they were surprisingly quick at cleaning up the mess before seeing them go into the tunnel in the nap area. He carefully peeked inside and realized it led to Moon's room. He wasn't sure why he felt so warm and excited with this knowledge but he quickly skipped back to his room and plugged himself in to charge, replaying the new best memories he had.