Train Wreck (Faye's perspective)

"So, you guys plan on staying the night? It's dark, don't recommend wandering around," they ask and for some, unfathomable reason, my heart rate is speeding up to a point where I'm struggling to fully catch my breath. I can't help but admire them, their angular features, their eyes, everything. Their figure is captivating.

I'm surrounded by thoughts about them before Max invades my headspace.
"Faye, you up for it?" Except I wasn't listening.
"Sorry, what?"
"Staying the night - you'd sleep with Vyne, Jo on a mattress and me on the sofa," my heart raced faster. If it made a sound, it would sound like an ancient tractor's engine.
"Faye?" He asks hesitantly, "Is that alright?"
It takes me a moment to process what he said before forcing the words to escape.
"Oh..oh, yeah! Of course."
"Great, hope that's not a problem, Vyne," Max says.
"Not at all, my pleasure," Vyne replies, they seem genuine. A sigh of relief slips out from between my lips.
***
Night falls in what seems like a matter of minutes. As the darkness settles, so does everyone's excitement and energy. After a 'dinner' of crackers we come to a mutual decision to call it a day. Max and Jo retreat to their sleeping quarters in the common area and Vyne and I head to their bedroom. It's small. In the far corner, their bed - a single bed - and beside it a cardboard box that act's like a sort of bedside table. There are two books perched on top. The Book Thief by Markus Zuzak and The Complete Winnie The Pooh by A.A. Milne. They have good taste. As I'm looking around, I completely forget about everything. Until Vyne breaks the silence.
"Get in then."
I turn to face them as they gesture for me to get into bed.
"Yeah, y- sorry," I reply.
I clamber in and as they too climb in, the pull the blanket over us so that it covers our still bodies. They fall asleep quickly and as I start to fall deeper and deeper into the silence of sleep, I can feel their breath on my neck, warm and calm, as though nothing is wrong, in each others arms, together.