Chapter 1: Meeting a Yook

Being an explorer you been to so many places, to forest, to prairies, to Jungles, and to beaches, but none had charm you since the towns of Yookville and Zookville.

You were wandering around looking for a place to go, until you stop to see a small brick stone wall.  It seemed to extend for who knows how long and you decided to follow it, thinking it would lead to some where.  You decided to get on to the the wall and start balancing on it, walking to where ever it may lead.

You went on for it seems like hours walking on the wall till you heard a voice. "HEY STOP! GET DOWN FROM  THERE!"  You heard a voice shouting from up ahead, running over you see a peach colored bird like creature, he was wearing a blue jumpsuit and a hat like a patrol officer.  He was running towards you and you decided to stop,  he then finally came over.

"Excuse me but who do you think you ar-" he said stopping once he looked at you and began to blush and stare.  "Oh I'm sorry."  You say getting down, "I didn't know I wasn't supposed to be there." He snapped out of his trance, "Oh it's quite alright," he said much more softly, " It's just no one is supposed to be on the wall, safety first you know." You began to introduce yourself "My name is (Y/N)," you said reaching out to shake his hand. "I'm Gabriel Galliard but friends call me Gabe," He said taking off his hat and reaching to return your handshake. He put back his hat on and began to speak,

"If you don't mind me asking Miss, what it actually are you?" "I'm a human, more specifically a human explorer, now if you don't mind me what it actually are you?". He began to puff up his chest a little showing his pride, "Why am Yook, but not just any Yook, a border patrol  Yook officer ready to protect and serve. Say it must of been a long time traveling, why don't come with me to town. I can keep you safe from any trouble." You chuckle at his sweetness, "I'm pretty sure I'll be alright," You say," But I love to come with with you,"

As you two went along the brick wall to head to town, Gabe begins to speak. "So explorer huh? Must seen a lot of places." "Oh yes," you answer "I've love exploring seeing new sights, meeting new people, learning new things, it's what I live for."You express passionately. "I see," Gabe said "But don't you ever get lonely, don't you ever settle down with someone and find a home?" He asked. "But I don't need to settle down the world is my home." You exclaim. "I see we'll to each their own." Replied Gabe. As you two continue down the path you notice something, Gabe was holding what seem to be a yellow branch with sharp berries.

"Gabe what's that you have in your hand?" You say. "Oh this," He replied "This is snickberry switch, just in case any unruly Zooks come along and make a mess." "Zooks?  What are Zooks," you ask. "Zooks are unkind, cruel, and disgusting people," he explained "but don't worry, you have me to protect you," Just as he said that something flew towards you two and broke Gabe's snickberry switch.