Chapter 5: A Dinner Date with the Other Side

The next day came as you made your way down the stairs. Seeing Gabe downstairs on his couch, he's in a new uniform with a new hat, with badges. "Morning (Y/N)," he said, "Morning Gabe where's Georgie?" you asked "Oh I dropped him off early at his friends house," Gabe suddenly looked very seriously at you "(Y/N) I need you to promise me something, please do not tell Georgie about my job. He's only Five and a young boy shouldn't have to worry about his Grandpa getting hurt out on the field." you looked at Gabe, he had a pleading look begging for you to promise. For a man obsessed with defeating the Zooks, getting praise from the entire nation. It was surprising not like him not to tell his grandson that he was not in the war, but it was really nice of him not to tell Georgie about his job so he wouldn't have him worry. "Alright Gabe I promise, my lips are sealed," you said mimicking zipping your mouth. "Great!" Gabe said "Grab a piece a toast on the table we have to be at the wall early."

You and Gabe went outside and asked then he went around the house, and once he came back you saw what looked like to be a cannon carried by a little dog, the cannon kinda reminded you of an ocarina with the shape of it, it was orange with tube's coming out of it.
"(Y/N) this is our newest weapon against the Zooks, the Kickapoo Kid. This weapon will blast the Zooks out of sight, it's filled with pooadoo powder, axe eggs, bee legs, and fried clam chowder.," you both then heard a ahem noise from below you, it was the little dog who looked annoyed that he hadn't been introduced yet. Gabe suddenly spoke up "Oh where are my Manners, (Y/N) this is Daniel, our gun toating spaniel." Daniel bowed his head "How do you do," you didn't freak out at hearing Daniel talked since you seen talking animals on your journeys, "Very well thank you," you replied. Gabe suddenly fixed himself "Well come you two, to the wall!"

You three were heading to the wall, you saw all of the Yooks looking at you three, then they started to sing.

You started to get worried about what  was about to happen. You three finally made it to the wall, Gabe started to go behind Daniel "Ready," said Gabe, "Ready," said Daniel, you start to worry "Gabe what are you doing," you asked
"Aim," shouted Gabe ignoring you, the Zooks on the other side started to run to get out of the way as Daniel aimed the gun "Aim" said Daniel, "Gabe stop your going to hurt someone!" You shouted but Gabe ignored you, "Fir-" Gabe suddenly stopped, you three looked up to see Van Itch ridding a massive weapon with many cannons being carried by two elephants "Shoot if you must with your wee tiny shooter," said Van Itch "but the boys in my back room had rendered it neutered, with this eight nozzle elephant toated boom blitz, it shoots high explosive sour cherry stone pits, and will put your dumb kickapoo kid on the fritz."

You look over to Gabe and Daniel who were shaking in fear, Daniel started to dig a hole and crawl in. Then Gabe leaned on the kickapoo kid causing it to fall in the hole. You then you look back to Van Itch "Oh I almost forgot," he said he then pulled up a weird machine, it looked like one of those grabber toys but much longer. He pointed the grabber to you and it is hand a heart shaped box. You took the box and open it to reveal chocolate covered strawberries "Fresh picked strawberries covered from the finest chocolate from the finest candy shop in all of Zookville."He said "That's not all, I invite you fair (Y/N) to Cafe des Prétentieux, the most elusive restaurant on the the other side of the wall. So what do you say my dear how about a night on the town?" You thought for a moment, it was real nice of him to invite you to a fancy restaurant, and maybe it would make up for Gabe's behavior, "Alright I will."

"What!" Shouted Gabe "You can't go with him, he's the enemy!" That was the last straw "Don't tell me what to do Gabe!" You shouted "After what you did today I don't think I can ever forgive you! You said you weren't going to hurt anyone, and then you come here and start to fire at innocent people! How can you be so cruel!" You huffed, Gabe was taken aback he never seen you like this "But (Y/N) I was only acting in self defense" you growled "Oh yeah I'm sure those innocent people were just waiting to attack." Gabe sighed "Look I won't stop you, but can we at least talk to Chief Yookeroo about this." you calm down a little "Fine let's go,"