Three...

(Taylor's POV)

  Early morning sunlight flutters through the half closed curtains, causing my eyes to snap open and a soft grown to escape my lips as I'm blinded by a sudden beam of life. I try and move around a bit, confused to why I couldn't really move. Being half asleep, when my mind finally caught up to my senses, i realize it was a body that cause my lack of movement, a deep seated panic settled into my chest, my very bones. Frantically, I begin fighting to sit up, only to have those arms tighten around me a bit. "Chill." The word was murmured into my ear, the voice causing me to pause. It was familiar, low and feminie. This time I do push away from her, sitting up and looking down to see Allison. I was definitely awake then. She had a lazy grin plastered on her face, looking incredibly happy with herself in that moment which I try to ignore. Even if it does send my stomach into a fit of butterflies.

The memories the night before bombard my sleepy brain and I hide my face in my hands,not ready to face this. Face her. I knew that this had been a mistake, kissing her and letting her stay the night. I hadn't wanted her to, the kiss haging overwhelmed in so many ways I could even truly explain it. But that soft plead in her voice when she asked had truly broken my heart, and I found that I couldn't tell her no. No in that moment. But I was really beginning to regret the decision. There was suddenoyna hand carressing over my back, causing me to jump in shock, moving further away from the blonde. Allison raises her hands up in surrender, the smile still there even if there was an unknown spark in her eyes that I couldn't discern.
"Hey, calm down. I'm not going to hurt you." Her voice was pitched low and soothing, as if she were talking down a rabid animal. That only served to annoy me but I keep my emotions from my expression. Or try to at least. In all honesty I had never been good at keeping my emotions from my expression.
"You hurting me isn't my real concern here Allison. It's whatever is going on here." I say simply, crossing my arms over my chest and trying to look as though I was having a complete meltdown on the inside. Tie was always so new to me, so odd. "I have a daughter. A boyfriend. And here you are, in my bed after kissing me last night. It's too much. Too fast." Allison shuts me up then, covering her mouth with mine in a demanding kiss.

So much for too fast, I think to myself even as my body betrays me and I find myself kissing her back. Her lips were so different from Ryan's, so soft and sweet. It brought back memories of my flings in highschool with girls and caused my entire body to heat in response. Even if a little voice in the back of my head was telling me this was not a good idea. I push her away gently when her hands beginntinwander and she let's me. "Fuck your boyfriend. I saw you that night you came home early, and even before you left you looked miserable. And as for Emily, I like her. She's a good kid. I'm good with kids, obviously I'm a babysitter." I'm quiet, I didn't know what to say to that considering she was right. I was miserable with Ryan.i hated seeing him. But he's been there. He was safe and whatever this was with Allison was anything but.
  "You don't understand. My parents. God my parents would never talk to me again. My father wouldn't be able to handle having a daughter that was with a woman." For many reasons, most of which I was not allowed to speak of. Allison just shrugs. Her no care attitude was starting to irritate the hell out of me.
"Just don't tell them right now Taylor. Its new, all of this. But I want you. So much it hurts. Don't ... Don't push me away. Please." There was so much emotion in her eyes, and that pleading desperation was back in her voice. I always had a soft spot for broken people , wanting to fix them, to protect them. It was second nature to me. And when I look on this side of Allison I seen the broken girl under all that confidence.
"Okay."

I look over to the clock and with softly, rubbing over my face and throwing my legs over the side of the bed. "Emily will be awake soon, I have to start breakfast." Allison stopped me before I stand, sitting up herself and kissing me again, even though I was pretty sure I was sporting some serious morning breath. When she pulls away, it was obvious she wanted to continue but released me instead which I was thankful for. I hurry to my bathroom, brushing my teeth and taking care if my full bladder. I take my oversized hoodie from the closet and tug it over my head before allowing Allison in next and heading for the kitchen. I was in the middle of making waffles when Allison comes to help me with the bacon and eggs. Both Emily and I had serious appetites. At first we just cooked in companionable silence before she started tompayfukky bump into me, causing me to chuckle a little but and retaliate. We continue the little bumping batter as we cooked, giggling like little kids over the stupidest game.
  "Allison!" I turn to see Emily beaming, her hair messy from bed, her little wolf in her arms as she runs over and gave the blonde a tight hug. Allison chuckles and gently mussed her already untidy hair. "Morning kiddo." She greeted before turning back to the stove to finish up the bacon.

  Soon everything's finished and all of us sit down for breakfast. Emily was babbling away about something to do with her friend Mandy losing her favorite Barbie while Allison and I nodded our heads and listened to her go on and on. Allison and I talked too. I told her about my job, how I had struggled with my artwhen first arriving in the city but then, Ryan had helped me get off my feet by showing some important people my work. That's also a reason I felt so indebted to him. To try and make whatever we have work. I easily sold enough of my paintings to live comfortably for a while which was good, since I hadn't been able to find inspriation in so long. True inspiration that had me in my studio for hours on end. Just the memory of it had me feeling a bit wistful. When I ceser talking about myself, Allison began talking about her time at school, the sports she loved most and the friends that had been with her through it all. For some reason I couldn't help but feel as though there was more to her that she just wasn't saying, how her words seemed practiced. Almost robotic. But I don't push. I wouldn't . I know what it's like to have secrets.

Breakfast was just winding down when I heard a knock on the door, I sigh, looking at the clock and hoping to god it wasn't Ryan. I didn't think I would be able to face him in this moment, especially with Allison still here. I gather up the dishes and set them on the counter, trying to stall as much as possible. When the knock came again, this time more firm I give up on trying to wait it out and just answer. Speak of the devil. Ryan smiles down at me, but I notice how it doesn't reach his eyes. His smiles never do when he's around me anymore but I just try and ignore it. "Hey Ryan, what's up?" I ask, trying to sound cheerful. He doesn't say anything at first, just leaning forward to give me a kiss. His lips and light scruff make me pull away quickly, distaste evident on my face. I hadn't meant to react like that, but last night, as well as this morning flashed in my mind. The feeling of Allison's lips against mine. I wouldn't be forgetting that feeling any time soon. When faced with kissing Ryan...i was in a world of trouble.

Ryan, being Ryan, noticed the loom, his features hardening and his jaw clenching. I had seen him like this before, where his eyes clouded with anger. It wasn't anything knew, yet it always caused the hairs on the back of my neck to stand on end. The only reason he never laid a hand on me, was most likely because my father would have cut whatever had he used completely off. "That was barely a kiss Taylor." He murmured evenly, leaning in for another. I turn my head so he kisses my cheek, and I hear a no use resembling a growl welling up in his throat.
"Easy there." I turn to see Allison standing in the living room, her arms crossed over her chest. She was still in the tank top and shorts from the night before, looking quite comfortable. I take a few steps back from Ryan, and Allison steps in front of me. As if she were any match against the man in my doorway.

Ryan looks Allison over, something in his mind seems to click, a sneer evident on his lips. His gaze flicks to me, and I look to the floor. He knew. He had to. "Taylor. Come. Here." He murmured. I stay put, knowing it would piss him off even more. But I couldn't...couldnt bring myself to kiss him. Not now. And that command is what really did it. My theoretical hackles rose and I glared at him. "I am not a dog to be commanded around Ryan. You should know that well enough about me." I all but growled, hands clenching into fists at my side. He let out a grunt, meeting Allison's gaze. An evil smirk twists his lips.
  "I will be making a call to your parents." And with that, he turns to leave.