Seventeen...

(Selene's POV)

I lay there with Taylor, staring up at the sky as I continue to go through my thoughts. It had been chaotic, I hadn't thought we would make it out of there. I couldn't believe the alpha and luna were dead. It hurt me, they had taken me in when they hadn't had to. Excepted me for what I am no matter what. Yes the alpha had his temper but he was a good leader. A good alpha.

I couldn't even imagine what Taylor was feeling right now. God ive missed her. Feeling her close to me again, holding onto me like I was her lifeline it made me so greatful to whatever God was out there that she was okay. I'm not really sure what I would do if this girl had been taken from me. It would be my end I was sure of it.

After a while Taylor beginsto move, her hand running up my side, causing my breath to hitch in my throat.  I look down as her head rasies slightly, our eyes meeting. In Taylor's eyes I could see the heartbreak. It killed me to see her like this. Gently I rest my hand in her cheek, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead.
"I'm so sorry." I whisper. Tears begin to stream down her cheeks as she burries her face in my chest. There are no words to discribe the type of pain she was feeling. Her body shook as screams of pure sorrow slip from her beautiful lips. We lay there, her withering in my arms, me pressing light kisses to get forehead and telling her i was sorry.

Because that's all I really could say. I couldn't tell her it was going to be okay because I didn't know if it was. Her family is getting torn away from her piece by piece and we weren't entirely sure when that would stop. There was no plan. There was no strategies. We had nothing. The enemy had the upper hand, we're just the bitches waiting to see where they get hit first.

I hated it. This wasn't fair. This is not the life I wanted for me. For my mate. This is a helland I've known hell better than anyone that walks this earth today. This is not the life I would want for anyone. No one deserves to cowerin fear, waiting for their end to hit them and hoping it won't hurt too badly. No. We will not be that. I decide right now that we will not be them.

I was pulled from my thoughts as Taylor pulls away from me, sitting up and positioning herself so that she straddles me. Her beautiful brown eyes gazing down at me. Her cheeks stained with tears, and a brokenness that couldn't be hidden behind her long lashes. Her shoulders were slumped forward, she looked weak. She looked brokendown and it was my job to put her back together.

Without wasting another second i sit up as well, scooping this amazing woman into my arms and slip into the small stream, it's crystal clear water coming to about knee height. It was chilly but nothing we couldn't handle. As I submerge our bodies a small gasp escapes Taylor as she clings to my skin.
"I've got you." I whisper, pressing a gently kiss to get shoulder. "I always got you. Don't you forget that."

We sit there, letting ouselves get used to the temperature before I start to wash the dirt away from Taylor's flawless skin. Her body lay limp as I work, her head resting on the crook of my neck. Taylor's breathing was beginning to grow more and more even, as if she was drifting off to sleep, but I knew better. My hands grip her shoulders firmly as I push her back toward the water. Taylor's hair goes in all directions as the current sweeps away everything tangled throughout her brown locks, with a little help from me she was clean in no time.

I knew it wouldn't fix much, but I know it had to feel better than being covered in grime. Our eyes lock momentarily, the lifelessness in here almost bringing tests to my eyes. This was breaking my heart. Taylor then wraps her arms around my neck, pulling herself into me, burying her face in my neck once more.

Again a silence fell upon us, both is us not knowing exactly what to say right now. But that's okay. When She was ready to talk, I was ready to listen. I'd wait a century for her to speak only a sentence of that's what it took. Luckily that wasn't the case. It didn't take long for Taylor to pull back and look at my again. I waited for a moment, waited for her to begin.

"We have to kill her." She whispers, a fire in her voice that made my heart pound. Again out gazes lock, again I'm met with dullness but there was also a spark. A spark of anger. But a spark none the less.
"We will kill her." I murmur, knowing that it was true. We would get her.
  "All of them." I nod my head, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead.
"Every last one." She nods her head, looking satisfied with my answer. She kisses me then, lightly on the lips. A kiss full of promises, of the future.

We would get them. We would get them together. No matter what. Always together.

A/N I hope that you like this chapter!!! Vote and comment what you think. Also please check out my new book "The Rogue". I would appreciate it so much! Thank you all my readers <3