Chapter 4 - Part 1 - Mixed POV

James POV

The group sat in the hospital waiting room. Ash's mom and Professer Oak had come from Pallet, just make sure Ash and his friends were okay. James was alone, his only human friend trapped within the line between life and death. Meowth was there, but it wasen't the same without Jessie, and he was as depressed as anyone had ever seen him. He sat criss cross in the corner of the couch, head low, silver tears dripping down from his eyes. It was a sad sight.

"I should be dead right now" he said softly. "Why ever would you say that?" Misty asked concern ringing in her tone. "Because" he said. "I was distracted, and I didn't notice that that Tyranitar was about to blast a hyperbeam, and she jumped in front of me. She saved my life. I'll never be able to repay her" I never should've tried quitting, it was a bad idea in the first place, he thought.

That night he lay in bed, he knew she was dead. There was still no news of her state and she was still in a coma. And even if she did wake up she would never love him again. She would never forgive him for being so stupid. Everything was going as planned until he had suggested quitting. He was stupid, just so stupid. She would hate him for it. All through that night, all the group could hear was a light sob ringing through the sleeping quarters.

About a month later and there had still been no news. He was certin she would die now. He had lost all hope. Ash, Misty, and Brock had all gone back to Estoh. Ms. Ketchum and and Professer Oak had both gone back to Pallet, and Meowth had came with them. James said it was best so Mewoth wouldn't become as weak and depressed as he was. He wanted what was best for his friend.

He lived out his depressing days wandering the city. He wasen't just missing a friend, he was missing a piece of him he could never get back. He loved her with every piece of his broken heart. But he would never be the same. Every day these thoughts spanned his head, his depression worsening each day. But there was one thing that gave him a spark of hope. Every day when returning to the sick sad place called the hospital, he would ask the nurses if she had woke up. But the answear was always no.

Nothing would help him feel better, Ash and his group sent him Brock's good cooking, Selvester sent even more food, and even his parents sent him a large sum of money. The food was good, and the money helped pay for the expensies, but nothing could heal his broken spirit. Sleepless night after sleepless night he told himself this. His depression had spirailed out of control. Nobody could help him. No one expect Jessie.

He lay in bed one night silently crying and mopeing when he heard a door slam. A light flashed on in the front of the room, and Nurse Joy (who had been called in to help the serverly injured pokemon) ran into his room. "Sir we have some news on her condition, please come with me!" He got up quickly, quicker than he had in the past month. She was probably dead, he thought.

"She is awakened from her coma!" The nurse said as they approach the room. His heart exploded, she was okay! His eyes pooled with tears, a smile crossed his face. But a grim thought crossed his mind. She would hate him, hate him for how stupid he had been. Nothing would be the same. The nurse punched a code into the high sercurity door. "Please come in Sir" she said smileing, noticeing how happy he had been to hear the news.

Jessie lay in a hospital bed, weak looking but definaltely awake. "James" she said quietly. Her hair was cut short, and she looked misirable. "James can we please get out of here, go home." He sat down next to her. "Oh Jessie, but were would we go?" "Anywhere" she said "Anywhere you want". But they had no place to stay, no where to go? "But Jessie, I just want to be here, with you" and he kissed her, quickly, so not to make her sicker than she already was, but happily.

"I love you" she said "I love you more than anyone"

Jessie POV

James had come to her hospital bedsaide every day. The nurses could see improvement in her spirit as well as his. He stayed there all day, just talking to her. She didn't need all this fancy medical stuff. It could pysically help her get better, but James w the one who helped her mentally. His love was all she wanted.

At night sometimes she would have nightmares about her death and loseing him. The nurses tryed their best to help, but he was the only one who could reassure her, just to make sure he was not dead. Only he helped. She longed to get out of this place, and to leave with him. As her wishes were just comeing true. And finally she was let out. A day she would never bare to forget.

Everyone was waiting at the end of the hall. Ash, the newfound pokemon master, Misty and Brock. Ms. Ketchum and Prof. Oak were there as well along with every compainon of Ash's they had ever met. Meowth was there, along with every pokemon they had ever owned (he had stoll them form Team Rocket's clutches). And James was at the front, he was alway there for her.

She walked down slowly, and then faster and faster. She hugged James, and he hugged her back. She looked up at him, tears dripping down from her face "I love you" she said, and she meant it with all her heart "I love you too Jess" and she kissed him, everyone was clapping around them. Everything was fine now, and she knew it. Everything.