Chapter One - Part Two - James POV

His team was beat up, tired and hungrey like always. Lost within the twisting streets of Abstervaine Town, with a sky threatning rain, and an irriteble Jessie was not a good place to be at the moment.  They slowly walked along the overgrown cobble path, dragging their feet. James did the one thing he could think of ; Ask Jessie what to do!

    "Jess, do you have any ideas?" he said, turning toward her. She blushed heavely, like she did when ever he talked to her lately. He knew that Jessie loved him alot, and he loved her back with the same force. But she didn't know. She didn't know that every night he heard her tell him she loved him. He had never told her. But he would never be able to fall asleep without hearing those three words.

     "No, I don't" she grimanced. But their luck continued to worsen, as the grey clouds grew larger and larger "We'll be lost forever in the streets of Abstervaine!" he cried. Jessie came over to him and swung her arm around his shoulder. He blushed lightly. "C'mon" she said with a smile "We'll find somewhere to stay,  we always do right!" "I guess" he said.

     A wet raindrop hit his head with a splash. "Ow" he said rubbing his head. Soon the single drop had turned into a full on storm! "Now we are cold, hungrey, tired, and wet!" Meowth complained with a scowl. Suddenly a shadowy figure darted across his vision. "Hello! Is anyone out here?" the figure called. "YES" they all yelled back. "Follow me!" he said.

     And they did, and he did not regret it. They were greeted at a large bright hotel, with a warm lingering smell of beef stew. "Inside!" the man said. They went in without haste, glad to be sheltered from the rain. "Thank you" Jessie said "My pleasure" the old man responded "I saw the red R on your shirts and I knew you were Team Rocket members. I was once one too, and I got pritty high up there mind you"

     "Then why are you here, with this hotel, if you were on Team Rocket?" he asked "You see, I quit. As you go up the missions get harder. A very powerful member named Miyamoto, was on a mission to find the legendary pokemon Mew. She went missing and was presumed dead. I didn't want that to happen to my old self so I quit" James looked over at Jessie. She was crying

     "D... did you say M...Miyamoto" she stuttered. "Why yes miss I did" he asked with a concerned tone "S...she was my m...mother" He had rarely seen Jessie show her emotions on this level. Usally she was calm and collected, and he felt very sorry for her. He put his arms around her and said "It'll be okay Jess, I promise" she blushed again. "T...thank you" she said with a weak smile

     "Bye the way, what are your names" the man said "I'm James and these are my partners Meowth and Jessie" he responeded. Jessie scowled "I can introduce myself" Jessie was back to being regular old Jessie again. "Well" said the man "my name is Selvester, and since you seem lost, I'll let you stay here as long as you like! With a hot meal everyday!" The trio beamed "W...wwe'll take it!" they cheered. "I'll give ya'll some dinner, and then I'll give you the key to your room!"

     The stew was better than anything James had had at the estate when he was growing up. With huge chunks of beef (fish for Meowth), and hot steamy carrots, plus a sweet broth. He and his team were far from hungrey when Selvester unlocked the room for them. With a homey feel to it, he had never felt so comfortable in his life.

     Him and Jessie pulled off their boots and gloves, and settled down in bed, with Meowth sleeping soundly on the couch. Jessie pretended to be asleep, but he knew otherwise. His thoughts started to wonder. His only dream right now was to leave Team Rocket and to go home to Kanto with Jessie and start a family. But with Giovanni watching their every move, it wouldn't be that easy to get out of this trap they had gotten themselves into

     He could quit like Selvester, for his and his friends safety. His friends may do stupid things, himself included, and he loved them and would hate to see them in pain. He had made bad chocies, but tomarrow he was going, to fix them. One way or another. He closed his eyes, as Jessie looked over him. "I love you" she said.

     But that night it was diffrent. She didn't just lay back down like every other night. She kissed him on the cheeck, ever so lightly. This was not just a kiss, it was an obligation. He was going to put an end to her suffering, to get them out of this life of crime. I can't just do this for me anymore, I have to do this...for Jessie!