29. Ring

Leo

The next morning, I wake up pretty late since I only went to sleep at four. I'm still not sure what to do about future jobs, but it's probably best if I asked my family for advice.

In the kitchen, I find my grandma sitting on a stool at the island with Luca standing and making coffee.

"Buongiorno." I kiss my Nonna on the cheek.

Giving Luca a quizzical look, I ask, "Sleep well?" I open the fridge and pour myself some fresh orange juice.

"The best." His grin is blinding. I roll my eyes at him as I take the seat next to Nonna, but he just grins wider.

After a few minutes, Izzy enters the kitchen and goes directly to her boyfriend. She wraps her arms around his waist from behind and smothers his neck in pecks.

"Buongiorno, love." He turns his face and kisses her on the lips.

"Good morning to you, too." I joke.

"Hi." She giggles and averts her eyes from me in a shy gesture. Izzy's never been like this. Maybe she thinks I heard them last night. I didn't. But that doesn't mean I don't know what her moans sound like. I inwardly cringe at the memory of hearing them going at it once during a family vacation. It made me never get a room near them again.

As if Sara and Antonio are much better.

Good thing I can fall asleep easily. And thanks to whoever invented earplugs.

Luca pulls Isabella in front of him and hugs her from behind, his face in the crook of her neck. They're being extra touchy feely right now. Usually, she'd give us a peck on the cheek and tell us good morning, then pour a glass of tea with the water Luca heated in the kettle for her.

"Should we tell them?" Luca whispers to her. She nods.

Tell us what? My mind goes the negative route and I immediately think of the worst-case scenario. But thank God they don't leave us wondering for long.

My eyebrows hit my hairline when she flashes us her left hand. The rock on her ring finger blinding.

My Nonna lets out a delighted scream and tightly hugs Izzy while I wrap my arms around my brother.

"Congratulations." I say, my throat constricting with overwhelming emotions. "I'm super happy for you, big brother."

When I pull back, his eyes are glassy and he can only nod at me.

Izzy and Nonna are/ squealing and twirling like teenagers who just had their first kiss. They eventually pull back from each other when I tap on Izzy's shoulder.

I hug her and twirl her in a circle. She snickers.

"Congratulations, Izzy." When we lean back, she flashes me her ring in excitement. It's an oval cut with a gold band dusted with tiny diamonds. It's pretty.

"I'm so happy." She jumps in place then flings her arms around her now fiancé.

"Took you long enough." I tease Luca.

He chuckles and pushes back some hair strands from his eye. "Only about five years. Give or take." He shakes his hand.

"Five years too long." Izzy frowns, but she can't keep her smile at bay.

"I needed to be sure." He tells her. She gasps and smacks his chest. He then wraps his arms around her and kisses her.

"When is the wedding?" My Nonna asks.

"Well," Izzy starts. "We won't have a long engagement. We know that."

"I'm ready to make you a Monaro." Luca tells her, his eyes full of adoration for his future wife.

Shit, my brother is getting married. To the love of his life.

I couldn't be happier for him.

"Have you told anyone yet?" I ask them. I'm guessing we're the first to know. No wonder she wanted to blow him yesterday after he proposed. And why they stayed up last night fucking. Or making love or whatever.

"No one knows yet except for you." Luca confirms what I knew.

"We want to tell them in person." Izzy tells us. "So we're waiting till we get back."

She raises her hand in front of her to check her ring. She lets out a small squeal and hugs Luca tighter.

"Good luck trying to keep it a secret for one more week." I tell her. She can't stop smiling and kissing Luca. And looking at her ring.

My brother glances at me, then back at his fiancé. "She's not allowed to answer any phone calls this week."

"It's probably for the best." Izzy chuckles, then claps her hands. "Tonight we're celebrating!"

"I thought you did that last night already?" I mumble loud enough for Luca to hear.

"Jealous?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Very." I deadpan.

We both crack a smile at the same time.

• ••• •

A/N:
Really short chapter I know buttttt Bella and Luca are finally engaged!!!!!

Aaaaah. I've been waiting so long to write this I'm really happy you guys finally get to read it as well 🥰

I'll be posting the proposal from Bella and Luca's perspective to their own book sometime soon :D

And yes, their wedding takes place in this book and you'll be able to read it from a few POVs as well. From Leo's and Bella and Luca in their own book, Wild Love. 

You know that tradition that a bride can't see her groom 24 hours before the ceremony? Yeah, I can already tell you they break that rule 😂

Their wedding will be so dreamy and amazing I can't for you to read it.