Chapter 4: The Two Brothers (1)

Notes:

Okay so, I did plan for a battle episode.
But no, I decided to postpone it to slip this chapter in. Why? Well, the first three chapters to this fanfic are all war and battle, mostly.

It came to my knowledge that giving a battle chapter for times straight may be too sudden and intense. So, a calm chapter before the start of the navy battle it is.

I decided to add a little fluff and angst moment. Warning, death is mentioned.

Word count: (2759 Words)

Recap:

Beacrox and Ron were at the shores as well but they were with Count Deruth's army. Not as assassins, of course, they were serving the count and his men with food and other things they might need.

Alberu had told them to not get involved unless the situation calls for it. Alberu preferred to keep his cards hidden in case of unsuspected events.

Well, the next battle was definitely unsuspected and shocking.

***

It was a normal day for the Henituses. Count Deruth woke up and took his shower. Did whatever he usually does and got to the dining hall to eat breakfast with his family.

He wore a nice shirt before topping them off with a lavish coat. He then walked through the halls while looking at all the paintings that are hung all around. His wife sure loves to paint.

Many of her paintings are...hypothetical things/situations. She drew many types of flowers and landscapes that were so beautiful but they did not actually exist. Everyone just saw her as an artistic genius who had a vivid imagination.

After all, she was well known for anything in the art department. Her long beautiful fingers are able to play many musical instruments, her voice was ethereal, her imagination was top-notch, her sociability was perfection, her embroidery skills were impressive, her taste for tea was luxurious, her humor, her everything was amazing and so loveable.

From the tea parties she hosted, everyone knew she has a handsome son. However, her son never showed anything significantly amazing. Even when they bought their own sons and daughters, Cale continued to be just average at everything. Other than his face, of course.

Cale is most known for his face and his luxurious blood-red hair.

Despite never seeing his talents, they all knew that little Cale probably just didn't want to do anything in front of strangers or formal guests.

It's normal for a cheerful small child like that to be a little embarrassed for showing their talent.

Deruth also thought that Cale was just being shy. He didn't mind children acting like children. He didn't want his boy to become a people-pleaser. Besides, there was no need to hurry up and prove himself to the nobles.

He knew his son can prove it anytime.

He was also one of the few who knew about Cale being so much like his mother. Even servants don't know the many sides of Cale and his wife. That's how silent they are with everything.